FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/03/2016 9:21 PM  #26

Re: Project Deadhorse....

Josh,  Thanks for the post.  I enjoy hearing about your progress.  It brings back memories.

Made it to Fort Walton- Visit was too short

12/03/2016 10:48 PM  #27

Thanks Al.....
Today, installed tank to fuel pump fuel line
Tomorrow, rebuilding heater box; seal kit arrived yesterday.....
This 1 h.p. operation is slowly getting there............

.......common sense is a flower that doesn’t grow in everyone’s garden.......

12/28/2016 11:51 PM  #28

Finally able today to complete the heater box rebuild......must have done something right last year cause Santa left me a gift card so, that got me a heater core.  One cool thing was when I took the blower motor apart to install new seals, the born on date was ink stamped, Sept 9, 1964 on the blower motor....
Also finished the emergency brake set up.......one more thing crossed off the list
Installing the driver side vent tomorrow.....slow progress but, progress none the less........

1/01/2017 11:27 AM  #29

Good progress Josh. Keep going like that and we'll see it at the BASH!

2/19/2017 9:58 AM  #30

Quick update on project deadhorse.........yesterday had a little time available so, installed drivers side fresh air vent system and buttoned up the emergency brake set up......
Time permitting this week, plan to install the duraspark ignition system and a set of plug wires if I can find a set I really like......
Slow progress but house restoration {ie: nightmare on elm street} is eating my lunch right now......more updates as they come...

5/20/2017 5:24 PM  #31

Josh, I like it keep up the good work.

5/20/2017 6:13 PM  #32

Thanks Barry. Was able to bead blast the hipo headers and slop some POR 15 on then. Got them installed but that's it for now....the house keeps dragging me back.... but I'm on the down wind leg

Last edited by josh-kebob (6/03/2017 10:33 AM)

6/03/2017 8:43 AM  #33

Congratulations Josh.  Making good progress.  Enjoying the pics and narrative.

12/02/2017 4:50 PM  #34

I broke out the defibulator.....project deadhorse has a heart beat again...
Finished the fuel line install to the pump, plumbed in a filter.
Installed 3g alternator and associated wiring...
Deadhorse now upgraded to a a Durapark 2 ignition......just finished that today...
Modded my battery tray...now the battery fits without any issues..
Next on the list, is to install the dual exhaust system I purchased from Glen followed by having a drive shaft made as a result of the T5 conversion...
Once those are complete, I think I'll twist the winding stem and see if the 5.0 roller I built last year will come to life. Then it's on to body work but, but at least it'll be able to move it under its own power.....

Looks like I'll have a little more time this winter to spend in the shop now that my major inside house resto is 95% complete and the outside is 100%.  The near term focus is on Mrs JKB.....she had knee surgery Thursday so I'm nursing her along....
I'll finish this project eventually................

Last edited by josh-kebob (12/02/2017 8:18 PM)

12/05/2017 10:18 PM  #35

As they say, the beat goes on......
The dual exthaust is in place but, not snugged up...got the wrong hangers so, the two I need are on order.
Wasn't too bad of a job to install the exhaust to this point.....easy to finish once the hangers arrive.
On to the drive shaft.....took it to Precision Drive Line in OKC....they were able to simply shorten it, install the new front yoke and u joints, and balance it.....a job that was accomplished in one day!  Hats of to that company....great customer service and workmanship.  BTW: for those who watch the TV show Street Outlaws, they built the drive shaft for the Farm Truck dude. (and others on the show)....he's a friend of David, the man who helped me at Precision.
So now, Project Deadhorse has a drive shaft is installed, the exhaust is at a 90 percent solution, and it looks like it may be running and moving under its own power very soon....
I'm getting there.......

12/15/2017 5:59 PM  #36

Not sure why I keep posting progress updates here......at least I have some kind of completion list...
Dual exhaust muffler hangers got here so, they're installed and the exhaust is ready with the exception of the exhaust tips.....can do that later.

One step closer to engine start but I still have several checklist items left to accomplish.  Was able to install the starter and run the starter and battery cables.  Dropped in a fully charged battery and just for grins, bumped the starter.....everything sounded good.

Topped off the T5 trans fluid. 
Pulled the power steering pump because it was a well used unit and I'd never heard it run...actually had a small leak so,  a rebuilt pump now resides under the hood

Ordered a Gano coolant filter which will arrive next week.  Once that's installed, I'll fill the system with antifreeze.
PS gets its share of fluid too   
Add a little gasoline, cross my fingers and see what happens..........

So, until the Gano filter gets here.....I guess I'll force myself to Christmas shop and maybe even put some Christmas lights on the house so my child bride will be happy!!!!

More later....maybe

12/16/2017 3:38 PM  #37

I just now enjoyed reading the entire thread.  It was almost like I was there watching.  So I'm glad you've posted the updates.  Of course, a few pics are long over due. http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/happy.png

12/16/2017 3:46 PM  #38

Thanks....I used to post pics when my digital camera was working.....now I only rely on my semi-smart phone.
Can't use my computer to post pics here, must use my wife's ........not sure why my mac gives me trouble.
I'll try to muddle through and post some pics tomorrow......

Yesterday 11:07 AM  #39

Josh,

Sure would like to see some more pics.

Yesterday 2:58 PM  #40

Al,

I ain't Olan Mills but, I'll try to take a few and upload........

Thanks

Yesterday 7:35 PM  #41

I enjoy watching and reading the progress reports. I never though of documenting my progress 14 years ago. Smart phone?

If I knew what I was doing I wouldn't be here.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.