FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/31/2020 5:36 AM  #1

Woodward dream cruise

Thinking about attending the Woodward dream cruise this year has anyone from the group attended in past years.  and if So any advice on where to stay special events going on for the show.  Won’t be taking my 65  so hoping I could find a general location that once we park the car at the hotel We would be within walking distance of Woodward Avenue I know the cruise length is 16 miles long but would like to find a spot and stay in that general area
Thanks

1/31/2020 7:30 PM  #2

Re: Woodward dream cruise

Haven't been there the last 8 yrs, but did twice. The parking is tough to find as most off streets are made off limits and the rest are packed tight. Some of the streets available is    well    why they are available. That is the week rooms prices skyrocket to the highest bidder as having reservations made months before only to get there and there is no room. The best they will do is say SORRY and that # you have is a mistake.  Most hotels charge extra that week for there parking

The cruise itself can be fun. There will be a lot of over heating cars and the police will be forever present just waiting for that tire chirp. We were lucky the few times we did go, but the BS and the stories from others attending made us weary. PLUS the last time, someone dropped something off the overpass cracked the red car windshield  and most of the port-pots were level full and running out the doors.

Last edited by red351 (2/01/2020 7:17 AM)

2/01/2020 6:32 AM  #3

Been there a couple of times but it's been quite a few years ago.   Had a great time and expect to do 
a lot of walking.    The best deal there was free, air conditioned buses that went up and down 
Woodward.    Get off and on at your leisure.    Sit in the back of the bus with the raised floor for a 
great view.  Yes, it takes about 40 minutes to about a mile but.....nobody else is going anywhere fast
either.

2/01/2020 9:32 PM  #4

Change your plans and just do the Crus'in The Coast in Biloxi/Gulf Port........Lasts all week and the po-po are great......really look the other way sometimes. EVERY kind of hot rod imaginable. Motorized DUMPSTER.......bumper car (with the pole sticking up in the back) powered by a cammed-up Harley engine.....Nash Metropolitan blown small block with dual quads.....and on and on.
6sal6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

2/01/2020 10:32 PM  #5

It is a real spectacle , should be on every car nuts bucket list.
A few of us Mustangers from my area used to go there for many years. Red is quite right about the event and acommodations, we had to stay about 15 miles away and get up about 5 in the morning to get a parking spot on the strip. When activities started to quiet down around 10 pm in the evening it would take over two hours to get out of town.
 Some of the guys still go but it is too much of a pain for me.
Been there, done that, got the "T" shirt thats now a wipe.

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

2/02/2020 8:23 AM  #6

We have been to Woodward several times years ago,  but there are more people in daily drivers out there now. A much better cruise is this one:  http://cruisinhines.com/. They only allow classic cars to enter. This is organized by Don Nickolson every year (Dyno Don).  Just another option. 

Bash Host MSBB XVI.       BobC    1966 Mustang Coupe

2/02/2020 11:47 AM  #7

Dyno Don (Nicholson)  was one of my Ford heroes!!    COOL guy that always had time for his fans.  Him and his mechanic Earl Wade were a force to reckon with (I reckon!)
6sal6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

2/03/2020 8:58 AM  #8

Gotta agree with BobC it ain't what it used to be.

2/03/2020 9:18 AM  #9

DC..............Ye coming this April?!!
6sal6

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.