FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/20/2020 5:23 PM  #1

Getting close to done - Bwahahaha

The A/C install and many other upgrades is getting close to done. Just a few more wires to tuck neatly away.

Last edited by RV6 (2/20/2020 5:23 PM)

Gary Zilik - Pine Junction, Colorado - 67 Coupe, 289-4V, T5

2/20/2020 5:55 PM  #2

Re: Getting close to done - Bwahahaha

I guess if you define a few, as 3 or more ... you only have a few.

"Those telephone poles were like a picket fence"

2/20/2020 6:38 PM  #3

Did you take the seats out Gary? There was just not enough room for me to function  down there when I did mine.

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

2/21/2020 12:13 PM  #4

90% of the work is on the passenger side so that seat is removed. The work on the drivers side is through the  hole the instrument cluster previously occupied.

3/23/2020 5:22 PM  #5

The cheap POS vents are being replace with OEM style vents. I pondered buying OEM vents but the prices were high and the quality of 50+ year old stuff was dodgy at best. New repros are available for $450 and look good. I found a pair of blemished repros on West Coast Classic Cougar for $230 for the pair. I ordered them. The chrome is not perfect, hence the blem listing, but these babies are absolute beauties for the price. I am still waiting for the control innards for the drivers side.
Here is what comes with the CAA kit and the cheap vent can be seen in the lower right.

The repro 67 Vent from WCC:

Last edited by RV6 (3/23/2020 5:22 PM)

3/23/2020 5:41 PM  #6

RV6 wrote:

The A/C install and many other upgrades is getting close to done. Just a few more wires to tuck neatly away.

Nothing worse that an electronics guy working on his own car. When I went to school for electronics and a guy installed a stereo in his onw car, we called that DONE!!!

If this forum can't fix it, it isn't broke.

3/24/2020 8:13 AM  #7

I got a pair of blems for the 67 yrs back, they were good enough for me.

3/24/2020 10:35 AM  #8

I'm jonesing over those  chrome vents, way nicer than the crappy ones my CAA came with.

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

3/24/2020 3:43 PM  #9

Rudi wrote:

I'm jonesing over those  chrome vents, way nicer than the crappy ones my CAA came with.

The crappy vents sucked large time. Damn near impossible to install and the drivers side would not work since I chose to keep the fresh air vent on my 67. I damn near ordered the chrome repros at full price and then found the WCCC blems for less than half. I took a leap of faith and ordered them. Yes they are blems and the chrome is not perfect, but sitting in the car you would be hard pressed to see the blem. Even as blems these are some of the nicest repro items I have ever purchased for the 67.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.