FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/20/2020 12:44 PM  #1

And speaking of vee-hickle lighting...

I finally installed the third stop light on the Heap.  Ran the wiring when I build the new harness back in '15.  I think it's ok but Jean isn't so sure.  Was gonna have a vote at the bash butt..........

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

3/20/2020 1:53 PM  #2

Re: And speaking of vee-hickle lighting...

Looks good.....

3/20/2020 2:44 PM  #3

Hmm... the jury is still out. Pep Boys?

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

3/20/2020 3:29 PM  #4

I don’t understand, can you translate? 🤣

3/20/2020 5:21 PM  #5

Bearing Bob wrote:

Hmm... the jury is still out. Pep Boys?

They wish!

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

3/20/2020 5:37 PM  #6

Squeel Tars On Pavement!

Gary Zilik - Pine Junction, Colorado - 67 Coupe, 289-4V, T5

3/20/2020 5:55 PM  #7

J.C. Whitney used to have them.. wont work in Quebec though.

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

3/20/2020 6:20 PM  #8

I like it. Thought about adding a third brake light to mine. One of these days!!!

John  -- 67 Mustang Coupe 390 5 speed

3/20/2020 7:40 PM  #9

I never saw one for a modren vee-hickle.  Got the idea many, many years ago from the tail/STOP light on some antique car and thought it was cool.  Then when the feds mandated the third light it seemed like a natural...just took me thirty years and a car that didn't have one to get in gear.  I don't think the idiots notice the third light any more than the ones in the tail lights but this is different enough and bright as hell...40 LEDs... that they might just see it.  'Course, most forty or younger drivers don't have a clue what it says.

BB-1

3/20/2020 8:10 PM  #10

Please clarify

If you are just braking to slow down, does the person behind you still have to stop?

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

3/20/2020 8:34 PM  #11

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......(how can I say this).........MMMMMMMMM..................NO!..........Nada!.......what-thuu?!.....
.snicker-snicker....you're kidd'in, right?!......are you defecating me ?!......My retinas are burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrning!!.......
what's this in my mouth? VOMIT!......Sure 'old-timer'....it looks wonderful!!!(now go lay back down)...of course you're not serious.............right?! ........I like the 'HALT, AMIGO!'  one better!........Get the little plastic waving hand (you stick on the window,remember?!) to go with it!!
6sal6
PS........Go fer it!! (You KNOW I was just horse'in around).........The main person to make happy is  "THE Bullet Bob"...if he likes it weelllllllll......I like it too!

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

3/20/2020 8:35 PM  #12

MS wrote:

Please clarify

If you are just braking to slow down, does the person behind you still have to stop?

I would prefer that.  That way they won't try to pass on the right, won't -oh no I used a word I shouldn't have--end me because I'm impeding their "oh so important" progress, can continue their text message without running into me or someone else, and won't be confused by the flashing light at the right or left rear corner of my car.  Stopping is best since the concept of slowing down seems not to be encouraged these days.

BB-1

3/20/2020 8:38 PM  #13

6sally6 wrote:

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......(how can I say this).........MMMMMMMMM..................NO!..........Nada!.......what-thuu?!.....
.snicker-snicker....you're kidd'in, right?!......are you defecating me ?!......My retinas are burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrning!!.......
what's this in my mouth? VOMIT!......Sure 'old-timer'....it looks wonderful!!!(now go lay back down)...of course you're not serious.............right?! ........I like the 'HALT, AMIGO!' one better!........Get the little plastic waving hand (you stick on the window,remember?!) to go with it!!
6sal6
PS........Go fer it!! (You KNOW I was just horse'in around).........The main person to make happy is "THE Bullet Bob"...if he likes it weelllllllll......I like it too!

Thanks Mike...that was sort of Mrs. BB's reaction.  Butt (TS&T) she wasn't as polite.

BB-1

3/20/2020 9:08 PM  #14

Jean is pretty smart, and apparently has taste, too!

3/20/2020 9:41 PM  #15

So...I guess the general opinion is negative?  I thought it was unique, and maybe sort of cute. But I guess it's just eunuch.

BB

3/20/2020 10:51 PM  #16

Bullet Bob wrote:

6sally6 wrote:

what's this in my mouth? VOMIT!......Sure 'old-timer'....it looks wonderful!!!(now go lay back down)...of course you're not serious.............right?! ........I like the 'HALT, AMIGO!' one better!........Get the little plastic waving hand (you stick on the window,remember?!) to go with it!!
6sal6
PS........Go fer it!! (You KNOW I was just horse'in around).........The main person to make happy is "THE Bullet Bob"...if he likes it weelllllllll......I like it too!

Thanks Mike...that was sort of Mrs. BB's reaction.  Butt (TS&T) she wasn't as polite.

BB-1

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

3/20/2020 11:07 PM  #17

BB1....you do photography right?

How about this modification.🤣

3/21/2020 9:17 AM  #18

At least your 3rd stop light is always on.
 Mine had to be wired off, top up, on top down. At night with the top up it made the back seat area look like a 3 alarm fire in process.

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

3/21/2020 12:36 PM  #19

Bullet Bob, you misspelled ALTO!

3/21/2020 12:39 PM  #20

Hornman wrote:

Bullet Bob, you misspelled ALTO!

Cuz he ain't in California no more.

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

3/21/2020 2:25 PM  #21

I know Ron...but I considered spelling it correctly.

BB-1

3/21/2020 2:26 PM  #22

Around hear that stands for Slight Tap On Pedal. No one ever stops.

If this forum can't fix it, it isn't broke.

3/21/2020 2:28 PM  #23

Nos681 wrote:

BB1....you do photography right?

How about this modification.🤣

Naaahhh.  It is NOT a camera.   Now, if you had added 'n to that, it would better represent Bullet's sentiments.

3/21/2020 8:31 PM  #24

Been thank'in bout your T(h)urd brake light Bullet Bob...............
This looks pretty tasteful, if ya axe me!!
6s6

Last edited by 6sally6 (3/21/2020 8:33 PM)

3/21/2020 10:04 PM  #25

Dang near perfect!  Do they make that in a larger size?  You guyz'll be beggin' me to build you one next time some lameo, twit shoves your gas tank up under your back seat 'cause, "gee officer, I couldn't see the pissy little brake lights on that old car...did they have them way back when that car was new?"

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.