FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/03/2020 6:15 PM  #1

Front Bench Seat Value?

Hey guys.  I was just about to list a bench seat I have for a 1965-66 Mustang.  Before listing I jumped on Fleabay to see what is out there.  I found one that was restored with an asking price of $1500!!  Of course, that is asking price with 10 people "watching".  I'm wondering what one of these is worth?  If it's worth that much restored maybe I restore it and then sell it? 

8/03/2020 8:10 PM  #2

Re: Front Bench Seat Value?

I think this is one of those cases where "being rare doesn't make it valuable". I wouldn't pay anything for one and if it was given to me I wouldn't put it in my car. If you get lucky and find someone who wants one you might get $150-$200 for it.

Here's one that sold for a whopping $25 on Fleabay!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-66-Mustang-Front-Bench-Seat-Black/264789511275?hash=item3da6af4c6b:g:ukYAAOSw4uZfBfS3

Last edited by Texas! (8/04/2020 5:35 AM)

8/03/2020 8:21 PM  #3

I sold a pair of 68 bucket seats for 500 Canadian.
They had 5 years of use since having the frames sand blasted, with new buns and new TMI o/e seat covers.
Not much desire for bench seats out there.

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

8/04/2020 8:27 AM  #4

Agree with the other posts, seems quite high.  Keep an eye on the listing and see if it sold.  If you "watch' it, you could contact the seller after the sell ends and ask if it is still available, and what price did they accept. 

65 Fastback, 351W, 5-speed, 4 wheel discs, 9" rear,  R&C Front End.

8/04/2020 2:46 PM  #5

Maybe if I was 16 years old.........again! 
I had a 64 Falcon Sprint  "back-in-the-day" and it came with a bench seat from Ford. The rest of the Sprint package was there.   Just let your mind run a little........when 'old Sal' was 17 years old..... back in the "flower-power"/summer of love era/turbulent 60's of 1966-67.........ahhhhhhh, I digress!
  Anyway, for young lovers wanting to be......."close".............. the trusty old bench seat was hard to beat (pun intended)    BUTT-KNOT $1500 bux worth!!   
6sal6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

8/04/2020 4:30 PM  #6

I hear ya Sal. Back when I was driving that 57 Fairlane my wife was the my girlfriend, bucket seats would just not serve any useful purpose. The drives side and the middle was the part of the seat that got the most wear. Yep, the good old days.

"anyone that stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty"Henry Ford

8/05/2020 2:56 PM  #7

I agree guys, probably not a hot item.  Thanks for the input!

8/06/2020 9:14 AM  #8

Those people watching that $1500 seat were other bench seat owners wanting to see if anybody was crazy enough to buy it.  Then they would try to get that for theirs!

What is the total width of that thing?   I am wondering if it would work in my 56 F100.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

8/06/2020 7:07 PM  #9

Yes the good old days. I had many a bench seat, 4 speed girlfriends. must be why they didnt put buckets in the rear?

Slammed Big Blue, ran over the varmints that messed with the Stang. Now all is good in the NW

8/07/2020 4:15 PM  #10

Cab4word67 wrote:

Yes the good old days. I had many a bench seat, 4 speed girlfriends. must be why they didnt put buckets in the rear?

Definitely miss those four speed girlfriends!

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.