FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/02/2020 7:54 AM  #26

Re: Wish me good luck

Hoping for the Best. Bonnie had spinal injection where they would reinject her with her own enrich blood. It was highly experimental so there was no insurance coverage. That was about 9 yrs ago. after 2 yrs of treatments . It was WELL worth it to be pain free. Maybe not the same as you may be getting, but today's medicine is amazing.

9/02/2020 1:49 PM  #27

Good Luck!  Hope they figure out the problem and fix it for you! 

9/02/2020 9:18 PM  #28

Praying it all works out for you and you get back to doing what you like most.

70, ragtop 351W/416 stroker Edel Performer heads w pro flow 4, Comp roller 35-421-8. T5

9/03/2020 8:28 AM  #29

How did it go?

9/03/2020 10:47 AM  #30

Two injections on Tuesday. Now Thursday and some minor improvement.  Today I am going to try and get out and do something... anything... to see how it feels. 

I think it has helped a tiny but, but doc said it may take days or weeks, or more injections, to clear out the pain.

We’ll see.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

9/03/2020 11:14 AM  #31

Just out of curiosity Steve what kind of injections?
I had cortisone and nerve block injections years ago with short term relief. I stopped because of infection concerns from repeated needles in that lower lumbar region.
I had L4-5 to S1 fusion with hardware in 1997. It cured the severe  spasms but not the pain from any kind of activity.
I have learned to function with it as much as possible by putting limits on what I do and the daily use of oxycodone.
I sincerely hope you get positive results, you are still a young man with I’ll am sure,many projects ahead of you.

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

9/03/2020 12:08 PM  #32

Good luck Steve. I hope everything goes well and gets better

9/03/2020 2:10 PM  #33

"clear out the pain".  Hearing the doc say that part is promising.  Even if it involves more treatment.  I'm hoping this will work miracles for you.

1968 T-code Coupe with a 302.  Nice car, no show stopper for sure, but I like it.

9/04/2020 8:39 AM  #34

I had the shots in my lower back. Could hardly get out of the bed in the morning. Doc said it would be 3 to 7 days before I would see any results. Around day 5 I started feeling better. That was 5 years ago and as long as I pay attention and don't do something stupid I have no pain. Hope it works for you.

9/04/2020 10:10 AM  #35

Can certainly tell the approximate age groups by the comparing of pain and "what-the-doctor-sez"!
Right there wid-gee MS!!!
6sal6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

9/04/2020 10:14 AM  #36

Rudi wrote:

Just out of curiosity Steve what kind of injections?
I had cortisone and nerve block injections years ago with short term relief. I stopped because of infection concerns from repeated needles in that lower lumbar region.
I had L4-5 to S1 fusion with hardware in 1997. It cured the severe  spasms but not the pain from any kind of activity.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have learned to function with the daily use of oxycodone.....  
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK.....that explains a lot!!   .....(just 'pulling-your-chain', Rudi!!)

I sincerely hope you get positive results, you are still a young man with I’ll am sure,many projects ahead of you.

Last edited by 6sally6 (9/04/2020 10:15 AM)

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

9/04/2020 10:18 AM  #37

LOL Mike, where you at? Diamond by the Sea gone?

9/04/2020 3:44 PM  #38

Diamond by the Sea is still there butt-we'ar not!
Queens Harbor (behind Lowes on the by-pass)
Gimme a shout when y'all come down this fall.
6s6

9/04/2020 10:57 PM  #39

Living in pain sucks. Hope the shots work for you.

John  -- 67 Mustang Coupe 390 5 speed

9/05/2020 5:33 AM  #40

luck has nothing to do with it, my back pain from my teen years, a car accident, I am quite sure mine is not even on the same planet as yours. after I was released from the doctors care I started going to the gym. I worked more on my core and back than anything else. I figured if it's gonna hurt anyway, lets try to strengthen it. still have some pain but no where near what it was. at 68 still working for my self. people ask me what I do, "i pick up beer cans and dog poop" I am praying for ya steve, and let's not forget to pray for the doctor as well. be blessed

9/05/2020 7:46 AM  #41

just read of your problems Steve, hope you get to feeling better and the doctors are able to give you the relief that you are looking for prayers for you and the doctors 

A bad day working on your mustang beats a good day at work anytime

9/05/2020 12:31 PM  #42

Sad to hear of your condition, hope the injections work and you find yourself mobile again ... soon.

65 Fastback, 351W, 5-speed, 4 wheel discs, 9" rear,  R&C Front End.

9/05/2020 2:34 PM  #43

Steroid injections were done on Tuesday.  It is now Saturday and I can walk standing up straight again, but a lot of leg pain getting in and out of certain positions like seating.  Hopeful for improvement.

Thanks to everyone for thinking about me.  Hopefully soon I can get the Mustang down off the lift and actually be able to press a clutch pedal.

9/05/2020 3:30 PM  #44

Picking up granite slabs will only make it worse, give it a rest man!

9/05/2020 4:30 PM  #45

Rudi wrote:

Definitely going to call in all the helpful neighbors for ANY lifting from now on.

9/05/2020 4:44 PM  #46

MS wrote:

Rudi wrote:

Definitely going to call in all the helpful neighbors for ANY lifting from now on.

Learn to tie knots, build slings, that's what cherry pickers are made for.  I limit myself to about 40 lbs.  Anything else I get help or use the hoist.  Or, let it lay.

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

9/05/2020 5:17 PM  #47

MS wrote:

Hopefully soon I can get the Mustang down off the lift and actually be able to press a clutch pedal.

I'll bet that 4R70W is looking better by the day.

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

9/05/2020 5:47 PM  #48

Glad you're getting some relief Steve. When I had my leg stop workin', I couldn't take my foot of the go pedal to push the whoa pedal, without lifting my leg with the right hand. Couldn't count on that for an emergency stop situation.
Ended up with the spinal cord cavity in a coupla joints opened up for clearance of the nerve.
Degenerative back problems suck.

"Those telephone poles were like a picket fence"

9/05/2020 5:54 PM  #49

MAYBE CALL IN A EMERGENCY BASH AT STEVES NEW SHOP AND GET IT DONE FOR HIM.

Its really me....I fixed my caps lock .

9/05/2020 8:19 PM  #50

I’m
On Overhaulin!

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.