FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/21/2021 4:17 PM  #1

Is your BASH THRASH underway yet?

Who all is still getting their car ready for the trip?   I have to replace my rear differential and my water pump and pull the steering wheel to fix a short in the turn signal switch.  Then get state inspection and renew the license plates.

Tell us about your BASH THRASH and let’s get an idea who all is coming.  Time is running out!

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

3/21/2021 5:28 PM  #2

Re: Is your BASH THRASH underway yet?

I've been in the grip of a Bash Thrash since last July.  Put fluids in it today, no coolant leaks so if it doesn't fill a cylinder overnight that'll be good.  I found a very slow brake fluid leak in the middle of everything else.  Think I got that sucker fixed today.  Had to do a little tweak to the shift linkage so the trans and shifter arrived at the gate at the same time.  Made one rod one turn (3/8-24) longer and it seems to be just right.  I've got to spend a couple of evenings doing the calibration on the PCM.  Might actually try to fire it in a couple of days. 

Stay tuned.

BB1

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

3/21/2021 6:22 PM  #3

She will be in the shop, not sure how together she will be. 

3/21/2021 6:55 PM  #4

Front end alignment done tires and wheels on rear end broken in ,Now changing muffler to the walker quite flow as per recommendation from This site have co pilot lined up.Get some miles under its belt.line up headlights .List is still long.Oh and both covid shots in.

If its worth doing do it right !

3/21/2021 7:22 PM  #5

Gotta bleed the clutch slave cylinder once more, bolt the front brakes and shocks back on, install the dash pad, bolt on the exhaust and torque down those front wheel bearings

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

3/21/2021 10:15 PM  #6

Swapping out front brakes and springs on the Lightning, then have to get the rear together. I'd REALLY like to go, even if I am driving a truck All depends on how fast Strange gets my axles done.

Last edited by Raymond_B (3/21/2021 10:17 PM)

3/22/2021 7:02 AM  #7

Bearing Bob wrote:

Gotta bleed the clutch slave cylinder once more, bolt the front brakes and shocks back on, install the dash pad, bolt on the exhaust and torque down those front wheel bearings

Yeah Bob, you gotta get those front wheel bearing TIGHT!  Some books recommend 25 LB FT butt (TS&T) I think 50 -60 LB FT works way quicker.  Just remember, I don't have Ted's mill set up yet so don't have it towed here.  LOL

DISCLAIMER:  THE ABOVE IS JOKING!!  DO NOT FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS AND THEN BLAME ME.

Last edited by Bullet Bob (3/22/2021 2:39 PM)

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

3/22/2021 8:16 AM  #8

Just in case Bearing Bob forgets how he got his name.  THIS IS NOT THE TOOL YOU USE TO ADJUST FRONT WHEEL BEARINGS!!!

See you at the bash!

3/22/2021 9:15 AM  #9

Passenger seat needs to be installed, front wheels put on and then I can get her down off of the jacks. Once down I can align the front end and then I should be done.

We got another 10" of wet heavy spring snow overnight. More on the way for Tuesday.

Gary Zilik - Pine Junction, Colorado - 67 Coupe, 289-4V, T5

3/22/2021 9:45 AM  #10

MS wrote:

. Then get state inspection and renew the license plates.

Tell us about your BASH THRASH and let’s get an idea who all is coming. Time is running out!

I just renewed the tags for the 67. $167.50 for five years; next renewal Feb 2026. No inspection, no smog.

Gary Zilik - Pine Junction, Colorado - 67 Coupe, 289-4V, T5

3/22/2021 11:42 AM  #11

Hey raymond I have a local friend that is driving his Lightning to the Bash. He has two of them I think. 

3/22/2021 12:14 PM  #12

RV6 wrote:

MS wrote:

. Then get state inspection and renew the license plates.

Tell us about your BASH THRASH and let’s get an idea who all is coming. Time is running out!

I just renewed the tags for the 67. $167.50 for five years; next renewal Feb 2026. No inspection, no smog.

Holy crap Gary, I did mine today online, $120.00 cdn for one year.
Have fun guys, I’ll be a no show.

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

3/22/2021 12:53 PM  #13

Well heck, you guys can get pretty harsh. And Steve, I didn't even use it on the max setting.

3/22/2021 1:49 PM  #14

Mochaman wrote:

Hey raymond I have a local friend that is driving his Lightning to the Bash. He has two of them I think. 

That's awesome, I won't feel lonely

3/22/2021 3:54 PM  #15

MS wrote:

pull the steering wheel to fix a short in the turn signal switch.

That sure sounds familiar, huh?!

Not driving.......flying, so I/we can help support the TEXAS economy AFTER the MSBB.
(that and.......Ms. 6Sally6 is wanting to attend!)
6sal6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

3/22/2021 3:59 PM  #16

Raymond_B wrote:

Swapping out front brakes and springs on the Lightning, then have to get the rear together. I'd REALLY like to go, even if I am driving a truck All depends on how fast Strange gets my axles done.

Looking forward to meeting ya!!
6sally6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

3/22/2021 4:30 PM  #17

Raymond_B wrote:

I wouldn't let takin' a truck worry you ... some years it's looked like a trucker's convention.
Heck, I'd even take a Kia just to get there.

"Those telephone poles were like a picket fence"

3/22/2021 5:03 PM  #18

Raymond_B, many a folk fly or take the Kia to the Bash, main point is to make it there.

Between running grandkids around and a chiro appointment I was able to bleed the clutch. It's hard as a rock. Well no, that would be bad. What I mean is it feels solid, like there's no air in the line. Now if I can just find that impact gun.

3/22/2021 7:56 PM  #19

I plan to drive my truck to a bash, if’n I ever get it drivable.

3/22/2021 8:40 PM  #20

I WISH I WAS COMING...MAYBE NEXT YEAR.

Its really me....I fixed my caps lock .

3/22/2021 9:32 PM  #21

Thanks guys! Looking forward to finally meeting ya'll!!!

3/27/2021 12:47 PM  #22

My list is long ...
                         So if I don't get it all done                                         
                                                                       I'll just make sure it's drivable !!! 
                                                                                                                                                                                              See you There 

PS: Wife & I  will be ​  driving in on sat. 22nd..

Last edited by Vkt-66 (3/27/2021 12:49 PM)

66 PonySilverBlue-289/gt40/roller/650cfm/ram air-T-5-cable-w4way.disc/4-245x50x16"

4/04/2021 1:56 PM  #23

No turning back now. Hopefully replacing the corroded timing chain cover will fix my leak.

4/04/2021 8:09 PM  #24

Had some electric gremlins, those seem to be fixed. Now to wrap up the brakes and get the rear end back under it.

https://youtu.be/aljB8Bf4-Bk

4/04/2021 8:42 PM  #25

Are we related Bob?

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.