FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/23/2021 9:39 AM  #26

Re: 65 single speed wipers to intermittent 2 speed conversion

MS wrote:

Sorry for not being able to remember details of the bracket.

My car had single speed wipers. I had a spare bracket for 66 2-speed wipers. One of those two brackets bolted right up to the 67-69 motor with minor mods to the mounting stud diameters. I think I had to file them smaller to fit into the rubber mounts on the bracket.

I do remember that you need the single speed wiper linkage (the long arms to the wipers). Using the 2-speed wiper linkage results in the wipers not having equal timing and incorrect sweep radius.

My 66 had a 2 speed and I bought a 67/later 2 speed. The 66 2 speed motor is a completely different animal. The motor mounted up fine although like MS I think I remember doing a little adjustment to get the rubber mounts to fit. I did get a motor that had the link from the motor to wiper arms on it. The 66 link is a different animal. I'm pretty sure I used the 66 long arms, that link to the motor is what is different. I did have pics of my install but must of lost them on old computer.

BB2 the 69 should just need a switch as stated, no new motor. I'll make you the same offer I made Dan. I'll give you one if you want it. Maybe someone will put it in at the bash, my way of being there without being there.

Last edited by wsinsle (4/23/2021 9:40 AM)

If this forum can't fix it, it isn't broke.

4/23/2021 10:42 AM  #27

MS wrote:

Nos681 wrote:

Bearing Bob wrote:

What? Tis better to give than recieve. Plus, the second time you do a project is much easier. Think of the pleasure you'll recieve.

Is it 3rd or 4th times a charm?

Bearing Bob, your 69 should be as simple as just installing the 79 vintage F100 wiper switch, shouldn’t it?  And some minor wiring?

That's what I thought,
so I bought one . Then Dan said I also needed the module, so I bought one of those. I'm awaiting their arrival, we shall see.

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

4/23/2021 4:13 PM  #28

I think that'll do it.  One wire from the module to the motor, AIR.  Beware...some switches DO NOT have a provision for the washer motor.  I would have thought they would all have that but mine (73 or 76 or somewhere in there) does not have the terminal(s) for the washer motor. I even compared it to the diagram...not there.  Butt (TS&T) I guess that's why they invented momentary push-button switches.  I

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

4/23/2021 10:27 PM  #29

BB1...does your switch push inward at all?

The washer on this 88 harness is black/white (+12v to washer motor).
And only one wire is used with setup.

Does the empty spot have +12v when switch is pushed in?
You might hav to relocate the wire to empty socket.

Don’t give up yet Bob. Swapping switches that has the washer would be an easy option.

4/24/2021 6:39 AM  #30

The switch does have a bit of "push in" but there is no terminal in the place on the connector where there is SUPPOSED to be a terminal on the switch connector...no wire either. This switch does not have the washer function.  Somewhere in my stuff I may have another switch and it may have the washer function.  I understand that it isn't a difficult swap.  Right now I have washers by using a mini-momentary switch....works fine and isn't too ugly.

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

4/24/2021 8:24 AM  #31

Check your email Bob, I sent you a picture of body side harness and location of blk/wht wire.

5/14/2021 7:01 AM  #32

Ok, I like the two speed wipers with delay.

Yesterday, while making spray nozzle adjustments ...guess what happened?

Of course delay stopped working and runs on low speed.

During my out of car testing, if the ground on switch is NOT grounded, it runs in low speed like it did yesterday.

Will check ground wire on switch later today.

Pre install inspection of governor box looked good.

Any other tips guys?
Electronic guru suggestions?

I lived without delay for 30 years, so not a big deal if not fixed before Bash trip.

BTW, still have 2 speeds, no delay.

Last edited by Nos681 (5/14/2021 7:02 AM)

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.