FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/08/2021 7:39 PM  #26

Re: Need tech help concerning pictures on the forum

PostImages seems to work fine.  It's like the old days of forums where you had to use Photobucket to post a pic.  It works, yeah not as easy as directly uploading but it gets the job done.  I just uploaded this and used the thumbnail code for this pic.

[url=https://postimg.cc/9D3Dktdd]

Edit: Hotlink for forums[/url]

Last edited by Dennis (8/08/2021 7:40 PM)

8/08/2021 10:05 PM  #27

Tiny Pic sucked but at least it was here. Where did it go?

8/09/2021 8:12 AM  #28

MS stated that only a few people post Questions/info.  That is true but people like me are in the back ground viewing all the posts. Truely enjoy the helpful info.. There maybe more like me.
I end up going to YouTube to find videos on doing things for my 66 T-code, like Quarter and Vent Window removal repair. You have to watch multiple videos and then interpret what is right/wrong.
For me This is my go to site.
Hopefully I will be Driving mine by the end of the year. Been 10 years since I got the car. would like to drive into a NSRA show in Oklahoma City, Pueblo Co. and Knoxville instead of walking in. MS bash is in my future too.
You all have my full support

8/09/2021 8:36 AM  #29

BobE wrote:

I've been using TinyPics w/o any issues.  I've posted how I've done this; evidently this process doesn't work for everybody ... I have no idea why.
It woulld be nice to be able to click 'copy' on a picture from one's computer and 'paste' to the forum response. 

Sorry, I've been using ImgBB, not TinyPic, the last couple of years, w/o any issues.

65 Fastback, 351W, 5-speed, 4 wheel discs, 9" rear,  R&C Front End.

8/09/2021 10:14 AM  #30

mjacobs wrote:

MS stated that only a few people post Questions/info.  That is true but people like me are in the back ground viewing all the posts. Truely enjoy the helpful info.. There maybe more like me.
I end up going to YouTube to find videos on doing things for my 66 T-code, like Quarter and Vent Window removal repair. You have to watch multiple videos and then interpret what is right/wrong.
For me This is my go to site.
Hopefully I will be Driving mine by the end of the year. Been 10 years since I got the car. would like to drive into a NSRA show in Oklahoma City, Pueblo Co. and Knoxville instead of walking in. MS bash is in my future too.
You all have my full support

I gotta believe there are a boat load of folks like mjacob out there. Thanks for posting.

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

8/09/2021 2:37 PM  #31

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I thank sew two!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
6sally6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

8/09/2021 7:31 PM  #32

As B.C. usta say...............AARRRRRGGGGGG!!!!! (some things you just can't un-see)
6sal6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

8/09/2021 8:39 PM  #33

You can't un-see it; but, the future viewers are protected.

1968 T-code Coupe with a 302.  Nice car, no show stopper for sure, but I like it.

8/09/2021 9:47 PM  #34

Holy smokes, this hasn't happened in a while. Via Postimages.

Last edited by Bearing Bob (8/09/2021 9:57 PM)

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

8/09/2021 10:13 PM  #35

I may need some reeeeal step-by-step instructions to post a pic.
Like what Gaba did when he walked us through how to post on the old site.
6sal6

8/10/2021 8:31 AM  #36

6sally6 wrote:

I may need some reeeeal step-by-step instructions to post a pic.
Like what Gaba did when he walked us through how to post on the old site.
6sal6

Here's how I do it using IgmBB ... 

I’ve been using “Igmbb” to upload pictures and haven’t had any troubles using my laptop (Windows 7 &10)
First, you’ll need to open an account in IgmBB. 
Then upload the picture you want to post to IgmBB: 

• Open IgmBB, click on “upload” (top right), a window pops up, click on “browse from your computer”, go back to the image you want to post, left click on the image, click on the ‘open’ button, image will upload to ImgBB.
  • Then, in ImgBB, go to the ‘album’, right click on the image to transfer, on the pop-up window appears, click ‘copy image address’.
  • Then go to the MS post (or reply), click on the picture icon provided in the header, click to paste the URL number in the space provided; uploaded picture will appear in the post.

Works for me.
Hope this helps.

65 Fastback, 351W, 5-speed, 4 wheel discs, 9" rear,  R&C Front End.

8/10/2021 10:49 AM  #37

Go to https://postimages.org/login

Log in to your account if you have one - otherwise, enter your email address and click the "Sign Up" button to create an account

Click the "My Images" link that is just to the left of your email address in the upper right corner

Create a "gallery" (folder) to hold the photos you are going to upload.  (to stay organized)

You are ready to upload your photo now:
1)  Select your gallery for the photo
2)  Select your image size - for posting 800x600 is a good size
3)  Leave "No expiration" for the length of time you want the photo on the web
4)  Now click the "Choose images" button to select the photos to be uploaded from your computer

Now that you have your photos in PostImages, you can include them in a post on the forum:
When you are typing a post on the forum, you will find the button for including a photo 3 places to the right of the smiley face button.  When you click the photo button, it will ask for the full URL of the image you want to post.  Here's how you get that URL:

1)  Log in to your https://postimages.org account
2)  Click the "my images" button in the upper right of the screen
3)  Click on the gallery that has your desired photo
4)  Point at the photo with your mouse and you will see the "share" icon appear above the photo to the left of the "trash can" icon.
5)  Click the "share" icon.
6)  The second item in the list is the "Direct Link".  Click the "copy button" located on the far right of this line.  This will put the URL that you need on your clipboard.  
7)  Back on the forum, just paste the URL on you clipboard in the Images box URL, then click OK.

Note:  This may sound complicated, but trust me it is not.  This post is long only because I tried to list all of the relevant steps.

Edit:  Oh, I didn't mention this but if you are not using the "Tabs" feature of you browser now is when you want to start doing this.  With browser tabs, you can have PostImages open in one Tab and the Forum open in another Tab.  Then you just click back in forth between the two Tabs as you are writing your Forum Post.  This is how you quickly include multiple photos in a single Post.

Last edited by Rufus68 (8/10/2021 10:53 AM)

1968 T-code Coupe with a 302.  Nice car, no show stopper for sure, but I like it.

8/15/2021 7:59 AM  #38

Thanks Rufus!

Wasn’t able to do it quite the same with my phone…haven’t tried computer yet.

Once pictures were uploaded to my Car Show album, the share icon below each picture opens up options.
I just copied the address and posted into my Message box on FYI.
I used the “1024x768” while uploading pictures.
Then used the “hotlink for forums” when I copied and paste.
Having 2 tabs open does make process easier for me.

Last edited by Nos681 (8/15/2021 8:22 AM)

8/21/2021 8:30 AM  #39

Update

I tried the “do not resize” and it seems to work ok too.

I used the “direct link” under share to change my avatar…has the avatar requirements for FYI forum.

My guess is that it modifies the image as needed. Nice resolution too.

Last edited by Nos681 (8/21/2021 8:33 AM)

8/21/2021 10:09 AM  #40

Nos681 wrote:

Thanks Rufus!

Wasn’t able to do it quite the same with my phone…haven’t tried computer yet.

Once pictures were uploaded to my Car Show album, the share icon below each picture opens up options.
I just copied the address and posted into my Message box on FYI.
I used the “1024x768” while uploading pictures.
Then used the “hotlink for forums” when I copied and paste.
Having 2 tabs open does make process easier for me.

I wonder what  holds  those port holes on?😱

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.