FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/16/2021 2:13 PM  #1

Welp, Had a real heart-stopping moment today!!!.....

It started out like any other day...My partner Frank Smith and I were working a routine watch out of
bunco division on the day watch........My names Friday..........DINE----DINE-DINE-DINE!!!
OH! WAIT a minute!  Worng place!!

It really was like any other day...I went to see my Shivel-lay owning buddy Pat.
I had a couple of handguns he was to caress so I took those over.
We were in his garage oiling and snapping the pistols when the shock of my life happened(well...not of my LIFE butt shock of the week!
His wife came out and told us........"it's raining"!!!!!!
Oh heavens!!......my Mustang was getting rain on it!!!!!
Thankfully it was just a few sprinkles and I was able to wipe it off with a towel!! Looks like nothing was damaged with that nasty liquid stuff dribbling all over it...
I had taken all the precautionary measures....checked the TV report...checked my phone app...none of my bones were acheing...(my wife told me I was 'free-to-go')....there was NO laundry on the clothesline(most of y'all don't know what that is!!)...no dark clouds!! It was truly a freak-of-nature!!!
My heart beat FINALLY slowed down back to normal so I guess...I'm OK.
What a close call that was though!
I hope you guys don't hafta go through anything like that.....A classic hot rod with raindrops  beading up on the hood.........it hurts me to think about it!!
6sally6
J/K...it needed warsh'in anyway!

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

8/16/2021 2:17 PM  #2

Re: Welp, Had a real heart-stopping moment today!!!.....

Sal you need another hobby, things are slow around here.

If this forum can't fix it, it isn't broke.

8/16/2021 4:15 PM  #3

I know how you feel, Sal.  Went to a nice car show up in Gunnison CO...about 65 miles ... in the Heap last Saturday.  Beautiful day, 85 degrees, a few high clouds.  On the way home it turned down right nasty and put enough water on my windshield that I had to test my '76 F150 intermittent wiper system.  Fortunately there seems to be no damage to the paint or the windshield.....phew!

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

8/16/2021 5:37 PM  #4

Bullet Bob wrote:

I know how you feel, Sal.  Went to a nice car show up in Gunnison CO...about 65 miles ... in the Heap last Saturday.  Beautiful day, 85 degrees, a few high clouds.  On the way home it turned down right nasty and put enough water on my windshield that I had to test my '76 F150 intermittent wiper system.  Fortunately there seems to be no damage to the paint or the windshield.....phew!

HeyBulletBob....I just thought.......anybody ever explain just what 'rain' is to RPM?!
I doubt he has any idea what we're talk'in bout!!
6s6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

8/16/2021 8:31 PM  #5

Rain is what those who drive classic Mustangs to the MustangSteve Bash experience annually.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

8/17/2021 6:04 AM  #6

I think I have driven the old 66 in more rain then sun inthe last month, I'm sure glad I have the original one speed wipers that work.

8/17/2021 9:40 AM  #7

Jim Bowie wrote:

I think I have driven the old 66 in more rain then sun inthe last month, I'm sure glad I have the original one speed wipers that work.

"Jim Bowie-Jim Bowie......He-was-a-bold-adventurous-man!"

How far IS  'Wis-can-sin'  from Myrtle Beach anyway?! Love to see ya!
6sal6 

8/17/2021 12:49 PM  #8

Maybe can pass threw on next spring break, missed taking old 66 down last two springs, its a crying for that Florida trip it was promised in 2020. I'm sure it will make next Bash I hope I will.

8/17/2021 3:13 PM  #9

Sally said the four letter word…oh never mind it wasn’t snow.😜

Going to and from the Bash this year Steve.

2 speed intermittent wipers was definitely a nice modification using Ford parts.

8/17/2021 3:31 PM  #10

I drove mine in rain,snow and sleet and drove it deer hunting and fishing alot.

Last edited by BILLY WALTON from GEORGIA (8/17/2021 3:40 PM)

Its really me....I fixed my caps lock .

8/18/2021 10:15 AM  #11

BILLY WALTON from GEORGIA wrote:

I drove mine in rain,snow and sleet and drove it deer hunting and fishing alot.

Well hey!!!....it was a $500 car, right?!

That thang was pretty though....(I should know!)
6sally6

8/18/2021 4:22 PM  #12

Sally,

You should have been on the drive with us to the 2021 bash in Rockwall. It rained cats & dogs for days and I found that my 67 leaks everywhere except for the cowl. The wipers worked overtime for days on end.

Gary Zilik - Pine Junction, Colorado - 67 Coupe, 289-4V, T5

8/18/2021 7:08 PM  #13

RV6 wrote:

Sally,

You should have been on the drive with us to the 2021 bash in Rockwall. It rained cats & dogs for days and I found that my 67 leaks everywhere except for the cowl. The wipers worked overtime for days on end.

I knew there was more than one 67 that takes on water!!

John  -- 67 Mustang Coupe 390 5 speed

8/18/2021 7:31 PM  #14

Rain is why God gave us car wax and windshield wipers 🌧☔️

"anyone that stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty"Henry Ford

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.