FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/25/2021 8:38 PM  #1

4 post lifts whats a good one for the money just for Hobby not for a B

For Hobby use not for a business ... just working on my own cars.

Its really me....I fixed my caps lock .

9/26/2021 6:45 AM  #2

Re: 4 post lifts whats a good one for the money just for Hobby not for a B

9/26/2021 9:38 PM  #3

nice

9/27/2021 5:51 PM  #4

Tuxedo 4 post, 8K rating,  $1200 used

9/27/2021 5:58 PM  #5

tweet66 wrote:

Tuxedo 4 post, 8K rating,  $1200 used

MAN!!!...........a Mustang AND a 64/65 Falcon??! ...That just ain't right!!!             Nice!
6sally6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

9/27/2021 6:52 PM  #6

I've owned mine for 12 years.  It was sold by a company called Pace tools out of Texas somewhere.  They are out of business now.  I have seen around 10 different brands and they pretty much have all been the same.  Very few minor differences.  I'd see which one you can get delivered to you at the best price.  Mine is an 8000 # storage/ parking lift.  They make all different lift capacities from 7500# and up.  They also make extra tall lifts, extra length lifts and they even make double wide lifts which allow 2 cars to be parked overhead.  One thing you need to consider is how you will handle the lift.  Myself I had mine delivered to a trucking terminal 30 miles east of me and I took my tandem trailer over and they set it on the trailer.  When I got home I used my Kubota tractor to unload it a piece at a time and I assembled it by myself using my front end loader of the tractor.  The 2 platforms that you drive on are the heaviest pieces and If I remember it was a hand full for my tractor to handle.  If you can muster up 4 to 6 guys who aren't afraid to do a bit of lifting you could probably assemble it in a couple evenings.  OR you could buy one from a dealer that installs them

9/27/2021 8:40 PM  #7

Mine is a Direct Lift which I bought with the longer (not two vehicle) runways and 81 inch full height from the floor.  You cant work on a car that's up that high but when the lift is parked up there you have most of your floor space available for other work without having to duck.  I even installed four LED  tubes under the right runway...works great.
If you get a four post lift, no matter which one, I recommend you spring for the hydraulic rail jack.  It's nearly as handy as the lift itself.
I did like Terry and picked mine up 65 miles away with a flatbed trailer.  Then a friend and I used the cherry picker and a couple of steel, heavy duty, furniture dollys to move the pieces into the shop.  Cherry picker again used to set the runways (about 400 lbs each).
Good luck Billy, you'll be asking yourself why you waited so long.

BB1

BB1

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

9/28/2021 6:45 PM  #8

Thanks guys....I hope when we move from where we are now I will have or build a shop and put one in it.

10/03/2021 7:35 AM  #9

there are companies who remove old lifts, to install new ones. you might consider looking into that.

10/03/2021 7:40 AM  #10

if you have a 4 post lift, is it harder to work underneath the car, say to change oil or work on the exhaust? 
I am considering a 2 post lift or a 4 post, I know you would have to get a extra jack with the 4 post to lift the wheels for say, working on the brakes. Which is easiest to work with?

67 Coupe, 5.0 EEC IV Fuel injected. T5, 3:70 rear

10/04/2021 6:46 PM  #11

I think 4 post is easier for everything EXCEPT suspension and brakes

10/05/2021 11:39 AM  #12

I have both a four post and a two post. If I only had one it would be a four post with a slider jack to lift wheels off of the runners. The four post is more versatile including alignments! The two post is easier for exhaust and wheel work, but is harder to get the car on correctly. And remember a lot more cars fall off of a two post than a four post!!!!!

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.