FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/07/2021 4:22 PM  #26

Re: I want to build a shop compressor

Thanks everyone. I found a killer deal on a jenny wheelbarrow compressor. These go for about $2,200 new it has two mini five gallon tanks 9hp Honda engine and a Jenny Air compressor pump I believe its a G series which starts and runs at 125psi and is capable of 175 psi if it has a larger capacity tank. Someone swooped in at grabbed the last large capacity tank I was looking at. Do you guys this the Jenny compressor is worth 350?https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/458246605405291/
Im thinking scrap the small tanks and use the Pump and The Honda Engine and I would have a killer unit with even a small 30 gallon tank. A new jenny 30 gallon with this pump produces some good CFM

10/08/2021 3:25 PM  #27

Its worth it, and grab it before a roofer or framer does.  I would go with the largest tank you can get/make.  There's no such thing as too much capacity.  Sandblasting runs on CFM.  If it were a car I'd say it needed twin split 1150 Dominators. 

10/09/2021 12:18 PM  #28

TKOPerformance wrote:

Its worth it, and grab it before a roofer or framer does.  I would go with the largest tank you can get/make.  There's no such thing as too much capacity.  Sandblasting runs on CFM.  If it were a car I'd say it needed twin split 1150 Dominators. 

Thanks TKO. I've read that those jenny Pumps are pretty solid. Also I'm planning on buying a electric motor thats rated high enough to properly run the Pump at 220v. But for the time being after I pick up the Compressor I'm planning on servicing both the pump and the Honda engine then transferring them to a larger tank. Thanks for for  everyones 220v information by the way.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.