FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/05/2021 2:40 PM  #26

Re: More 331 progress, and a question for Saginaw Gen II owners

Rudi wrote:

MS wrote:

Sounds like, as time goes on, more and more suitable EPAS units will be designed and become available in salvage yards.  Maybe, someday, I will have something that needs one.

Next project is my 56 F100, but it already has power Mustang II rack installed.  Seems like it would be a great candidate if that rack ever goes south. The newer racks have the EPAS made onto them, so it would be as simple as mounting the new rack.

Most of the limited scrounging around I did found that the newer racks with built in electric assist were front steer and the travel was too short for our stock spindles.

The 56 F100 is a Mustang II front end so it is a front steer already.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

12/05/2021 2:50 PM  #27

True74yamaha wrote:

That's a mighty fine looking engine you have there Steve. I have a question for you. I thought I remembered that you sold your 1956 Ford truck or am I getting it mixed up with another Truck that you've had in your Shop? Depending on the banjo size they sell banjo to AN maybe that would work for you?  My 1965 mustang has a 289 c4 stock exhaust manifolds. I have a Borgeson power assist kit installed when I still had the engine and trans installed I noticed the drivers side exhaust manifold was almost touching my steering box. I'm now debating having my stock power steering box rebuilt and then buy or fabricate an EPAS unit for my car. I really don't like how close the manifold was. Then again maybe it will get better clearance I noticed that the drivers side motor mount was broken on the rubber maybe my issue? Dunno. A factory rebuilt box would definitely give me the most clearance.

I sold my 66 F100 a few years back.  Replaced it with the 56 a few years later.

This picture shows Jose’s 65 fastback borgeson steering box with 289 hipo manifolds.  It has plenty of clearance.

12/06/2021 12:30 PM  #28

12/06/2021 1:01 PM  #29

Steve69, that looks real clean, but my alternator is so close I cannot run mine up that high.

I have a short an-6 tube nut coming today. Hopefully I can get a tight enough bend to make it fit. If not, that $94 tube with the banjo fitting will get ordered.

12/07/2021 8:29 AM  #30

MS wrote:

Steve69, that looks real clean, but my alternator is so close I cannot run mine up that high.

I have a short an-6 tube nut coming today. Hopefully I can get a tight enough bend to make it fit. If not, that $94 tube with the banjo fitting will get ordered.

My hose is slightly in the way with the pump cap but it works.  When I had the V belt pulley it came out near the front and there was enough clearance.  When I switched to serpentine pulleys it was right in the way so I had to come through the top.  

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.