FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/03/2021 2:28 PM  #1

This is Crazy

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1965-ford-mustang-gt-17/

People are paying ridiculous prices lately...

12/03/2021 3:02 PM  #2

Re: This is Crazy

$50,500…whew!

'66 Fastback since July 27, 1981. Springtime Yellow, originally a 200 cu in, 4 speed. Also a '92 LX Coupe, 5.0, 5 speed.

12/03/2021 6:20 PM  #3

"Hummmm looks to be well bought"

Last edited by 6sally6 (12/03/2021 6:21 PM)

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

12/03/2021 7:43 PM  #4

It's nice but I'm not too sure about details and the quality of the resto.  Does look like an original A Code GT but ....no 4 spd, no AC, color change,  I would think for those bux an HT better be pretty near perfect.  But then we had lunch with a Real Estate broker friend yesterday and she was talking about what prices are doing around here.....OMG!!  The kids might make out okay if I don't find a nice 67 Fairlane.

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

12/04/2021 7:18 AM  #5

Neat car I have no interest in ever owning.  Its definitely not really what I'd call a resto.  That words gets thrown around a lot.  To me a resto is back to 100% stock.  Anything other is a restification or something else.  I can't see paying anywhere near that for it, but then I don't want it, so like anything else its ultimately worth what somebody is willing to pay for it. 

12/10/2021 9:43 AM  #6

Wow.  $50k.... that probably would have gone $25 maybe $30k 5 years ago.  I heard prices were getting up there.  I was looking at a 95 Ford Bronco few years back just before prices exploded on those too.  

Honestly, at those prices I would think long and hard about selling my whip.  I got the 5.0 Swap, T5z, 4 disc brakes, and nicely done resto mod... I could get $40k for it easy.  

Only problem is the wife would have that $40k spent plus another $10k in the first week after I sold it.  

12/10/2021 11:29 AM  #7

The real question for me is "what could I build another one for?"  Typically more than I'd get for selling the one I have, so the idea is kind of academic. 

12/10/2021 11:58 AM  #8

TKOPerformance wrote:

The real question for me is "what could I build another one for?"  Typically more than I'd get for selling the one I have, so the idea is kind of academic. 

You saying that made me think of something. Sadly DIY feels like it is going away and now people just see these cars as a commodity like mustache wax and soy latte... So when one of them says "how much would it cost me to build it" that means to them they'd roll it in a shop they saw on TV and tell the folks what they want...

What it would cost folks here on the board is quite a bit different!

12/10/2021 1:26 PM  #9

True, but those same people would @#$% a brick if they found out what those shops they see on TV charge too. 

I think in the end we need to be careful not to define the car hobby too narrowly.  There's Ford guys, Chevy guys, foreign car guys, guys who don't care about makes and models and just like cool cars, guys who can rebuild an engine, guys who can't, etc.  They can all be car guys in the end though.  Interestingly, the people paying those prices for those cars aren't young guys.  They're the guys from the generation you would think knows how to work on cars.  Then there's guys who know how to work on them and just choose not to.  Takes all types I suppose. 

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.