FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/24/2013 6:31 PM  #1

Hey Haken, not Tshirt related but sort of car ....

I was doing the crossword puzzle last week and there was a clue for a five letter word for a car that means in Latin, I roll.  Well Latin almost killed me in high school just like it did the Romans so I had to work the puzzle and hope it would fill in.  It did and the answer was VOLVO.  VOLVO = I roll.  So when hip Swedes get together and one decides to leave does he say Volvo or something else?

Volvo!

8/25/2013 4:52 AM  #2

Re: Hey Haken, not Tshirt related but sort of car ....

LOL, hip Swedes might own an old Volvo. Kind of hard to explain, but in certain groups of people, following the latest fashion and in differents parts of the world an old Volvo is a "must have" and we are then usually talking about the Volvo 123 or "Amazon" as it also was called.

The Swedish language has the same origin as English, Norwegian, Danish, German, Dutch and probably a couple of others which all might have some latin in it, not really sure as I never really looked into it. Not sure either how big the Roman influence was back in time when they occupied what today is England.

8/26/2013 9:54 PM  #3

Re: Hey Haken, not Tshirt related but sort of car ....

Some dead Latin brain cells came back to life solving what is he saying and what does he mean.  In Latin the V is pronounced like a W.  So if a hip Swede or anyone else says Volvo, they are talking about the car.  If they say Wolwo, they are rolling.  Perhaps we could start something here.

Volvo!

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.