FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/23/2022 2:07 PM  #1

Buying Good Paint in California

A few years ago was the last time I bought some "good" paint online (lacquer and single stage urethane), but since they wouldn't ship it to me with a Cali address, I had then deliver it to my nephew in Austin, who shipped it to me. I'm in the process of respraying my hood black, cuz the last guy who did it didn't finish with the proper grit sandpaper.

So yesterday I'm at OReilly and see they have some SEM brand paints, but didn't have the Hot Rod Black I used previously on the hood. The really cool counter guy who gives me a discount and/or price matches stuff for me says they could have it for me Thursday at 8am. Wait, what, you sure? Cool, order it. Picked it up this morning.

Since I'm on a string of good luck, I checked the single stage Porsche India Red that my 69 is painted. Yep, they now ship to Cali. WTFresno? Ordered it also.

It used to be easier to buy heroin in Cali than good paint. Now I don't know if the quality of the paint was lowered to ship here, but damn, kinda fired me up.

Last edited by Bearing Bob (6/23/2022 2:09 PM)

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

6/23/2022 3:12 PM  #2

Re: Buying Good Paint in California

Good things happen to good people! Eventually.

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

6/23/2022 4:56 PM  #3

it also might cause cancer in California

67 Coupe, 5.0 EEC IV Fuel injected. T5, 3:70 rear

6/23/2022 7:52 PM  #4

Alan wrote:

Might? Everthing causes cancer in California.

6/23/2022 7:53 PM  #5

I opened the can and it sure smells like hi-test.

6/23/2022 8:08 PM  #6

You can buy it but don't let them catch you spaying out there! Glad you found what you needed.

If this forum can't fix it, it isn't broke.

6/23/2022 10:21 PM  #7

I do believe rules and laws are for other people.

6/24/2022 7:53 AM  #8

I saw nuthsing..Nuthsing!   - Sargent Schlutz

If multiple things can go wrong, the one that will go wrong will be the one that causes the most damage.

6/24/2022 12:27 PM  #9

Summit quit shipping spray can paints and body filers and most other chemicals some time ago because of some PA law. 

6/24/2022 12:30 PM  #10

Summit won't ship much here unless you say it's for an off road vehicle.

6/26/2022 4:48 AM  #11

I think you just know someone in the Paint Police

6/26/2022 1:35 PM  #12

He never said he bought it to paint with…. But there are numerous bends in the can lid from reopening it over and over, … just to check the smell.

I wish I had known you needed some hot rod black. I have a gallon of it never opened, not even to check the smell!

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

6/26/2022 7:09 PM  #13

Thanks Steve, butt...
Not only did I not buy any paint, I done forgot to buy any ammo! I guess I was too excited about some damn truck

6/28/2022 1:41 AM  #14

Alan wrote:

On behalf of normal, non-psycho people in California, I’d like to formally apologize for each and every flippin’ auto related webpage that carries that loser-of-the-century cancer disclaimer.  Sorry, sorry, sorry.

'66 Fastback since July 27, 1981. Springtime Yellow, originally a 200 cu in, 4 speed. Also a '92 LX Coupe, 5.0, 5 speed.

6/28/2022 8:25 AM  #15

When walking into Home Depot it's nice to see a sign that lets you know that sawdust causes cancer.

Last edited by Bearing Bob (6/28/2022 8:26 AM)

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.