FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/25/2022 11:54 AM  #1

booster and master cly for 64 falcon

which one of the brake boosters with dual master cly will clear a stock 64 falcon with shock towers? the falcon  has four wheel disc brakes granada on the front and lincoln VII at the rear. i've been to the sales page and not sure which product to buy.

6/25/2022 2:15 PM  #2

Re: booster and master cly for 64 falcon

We put the MS pedal modification and cable clutch mod in the Falcon project (64 Vert) that I helped with a few years ago.  Used the Fox 4 cyl. booster and, I think, a 06ish Ford Explorer, Mustang, Ranger type MC.  I seem to recall that we had to dimple the tower just a tad to allow install/uninstall clearance for the MC but....it's been longer than yesterday.

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

6/25/2022 2:24 PM  #3

The 65 Mustang kit (the booster firewall plate and pedal pin, not the Mustang broke pedal) works on the 64 Falcon, but the pedal pin location on the brake pedal is different and a piece of steel must be welded to the pedal to make it work properly. I think Michael at MustangSteve shop has a special instruction supplement for the Falcon conversion.  Worst case, I can draw a sketch for you to go by when relocating the pedal pin.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

6/25/2022 3:13 PM  #4

Yeah....I seem to recall something like that.  Long time ago.

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

6/27/2022 6:46 PM  #5

Mount the booster plate to the pedal support first, aligning the two top holes per instruction sheet.  Bolt the booster to the plate and install the pedal in the pedal support. That will show where the pin nneeds to mount in the pedal. It should coincide with the dimensions shown here. Weld an extra piece to the pedal to support the new pin location which is actually off the edge of the brake pedal.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.