FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/04/2022 6:35 PM  #1

Allow me to pull a BILLY.....What insurance company y'all use.........

For your classic Mustang & what kinda coverage?
Think'in I might shop for some now that I have a garage
Thanx
6sally6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

8/04/2022 7:53 PM  #2

Re: Allow me to pull a BILLY.....What insurance company y'all use.........

I did Hagerty with $50,000

Its really me....I fixed my caps lock .

8/04/2022 7:55 PM  #3

USAA.  They do all of my insurance work.  Best rates, best service.  BUT, you have to be a vet and prove it with your DD214.

That said, I insure the Old War Horse as a regular car along with my other two cars.  Complete coverage.  I won't go into all the details.

Original owner - 351w,T-5, 4whl disks, power R&P

8/05/2022 5:31 AM  #4

State Farm.  Reminds me I should definitely revisit my insured value and have another appraisal done.

8/05/2022 7:16 AM  #5

Been with Hagerty for some yrs now. Made one claim when the front tire took the front fender about off. They took care of it with no problem.

8/05/2022 7:28 AM  #6

TKOPerformance wrote:

State Farm.  Reminds me I should definitely revisit my insured value and have another appraisal done.

TKO, do you have "Stated Amount"  or "Agreed Value"?  There is a serious difference.  Years ago State Farm only offered Stated Amount coverage for the old stuff...that's what I had on my various Model A's.  A few years ago they started offering Agreed Value....same as Hagerty and other classic insurers, which is what you want, but they couldn't beat Hagerty even though I'd been with them for 60 years.
Anyway, you need to verify what coverage you have because Stated Amount will not guarantee you get true value if the worst happens.

BB1

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

8/05/2022 9:50 AM  #7

I switched from State Farm in December 2021, inquired with Farmer's and was forwarded to SafeCo.  This is the coverage I ended up with getting.  This cost was about $300 less than I was paying at State Farm.
State Farm called me after the change offering a reduced cost, but it wasn't close to what SafeCo offered.
I'm hoping I never need to use it.
Note that some of the coverage is required by NYS.

65 Fastback, 351W, 5-speed, 4 wheel discs, 9" rear,  R&C Front End.

8/05/2022 3:25 PM  #8

Hagerty  for a number of years now. Never had to make a claim so far. They offer the  Agreed Value but take it step further with Guaranteed Value and Cherished Salvage, which pays your full value for your classic and also returns your vehicle to you with no deduction for salvage.

68 coupe - 351W, 4R70W, 9" 3.25 -- 65 convertible - 289 4v, C4, 8" 3.00

8/08/2022 7:21 AM  #9

I use Grundy.
I also shopped USAA, my normal insurance company. The big difference, other than Grundy is ALOT cheaper for more coverage, is that Grundy will make sure you get the correct parts in the event of a collision.  USAA only says “comparable to original” or some such language. That is like buying tools at Harbor Freight. IT LOOKS LIKE A SCREWDRIVER, SO IT MUST BE A GOOD ONE.
That means you get all chinese parts in the event of a crash. Grundy will help find real stuff, if at all available.

I also liked Grundy’s driving insurance.  They expect people will drive their cars on trips and are not as restrictive as Hagerty. No mileage restrictions.

I have two Mustangs with Grundy and my other daily use cars wIth USAA, which is the best possible company to deal with, other than classics.

The biggest difference in those two is STATED VALUE coverage.  Without stated value, you get whatever THEIR book says in the event of a total loss.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

8/08/2022 10:54 AM  #10

Whoever you use, I recommend you have your UM/ UIM, uninsured/under insured motorist covereage the same as your BI/PD, Bodily Injury Property Damage coverages.  It doesn't make sense to value another person's injuries more than your own. And those coverages are pennies compared to comp/collision.

Last edited by Bearing Bob (8/08/2022 11:25 AM)

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

8/08/2022 11:09 AM  #11

What is BI/PD?

1968 T-code Coupe with a 302.  Nice car, no show stopper for sure, but I like it.

8/08/2022 11:24 AM  #12

Bodily injury/property damage.

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.