FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/04/2022 4:52 PM  #26

Re: Bash Thrash monster just bit me. Should still make it.

Well so far it is success with the rebuild of the bracket. I did add some metal to the front where it was just hanging over a long way. I do plan on contacting Fatman Fab. Only to give them feedback for the design flaw. I think this happened mostly during the original design flaw that they fixed for free four years after I did the install. It involved a weird binding problem with the way the tie rods were connected to the wheels. They moved the mounting. I believe this original problem put undue stress onto the brackets. 

9/04/2022 4:56 PM  #27

I see I can't add pictures anymore again. 

9/06/2022 9:07 AM  #28

Hey Ed,

Sounds like you are having loads of fun.  Makes me think about what Steve said about the thrill of hitting the road with these old Mustangs.  The guys who have trailer queens never really battle-test their cars so they really don't know what gremlins are hiding just around the corner.

On a different note, I had a knee replacement August 31, 2022.  I am having some difficulty with the PT and can't lift my leg to push on the break.  I was going to participate by using the hand brake; but, my wife threatened to divorce me.

Last edited by almcgee (9/06/2022 9:09 AM)

Mustang Steve Bash in Gruene, Texas September29-30, 2023

9/06/2022 9:15 AM  #29

Ya know Al, if she really loved you she'd drive until a block from the motel so you'd be able to be there with your FB.
I know Jean would....

Last edited by Bullet Bob (9/06/2022 9:16 AM)

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

9/06/2022 5:17 PM  #30

Big Al............I gotta plan fer ya!!!!!
Talk Miss Al into sitting reeeeeal close to ya while you drive. She can work the break/clutch pedals and you can do-the-gas.
Y'all can take turns ....'yank'in on the shifter'!
(May be some confusion about which stick is the Mustang's and which is..................well you get the idea.)
6sally6

Get well soon because.......I tink I may get my knee replaced one-of-these-days.

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

9/09/2022 9:46 PM  #31

Car is back home. Front end alignment is a success. Time to change oil and rotate the tires. Will try to fix an AC vent that needs re-attaching. 

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.