FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/24/2022 6:00 PM  #26

Re: Rack and Pinion Conversion experience?

6sally6 wrote:

Bearing Bob wrote:

I've torn down three 69 steering boxes, none had anything resembling grease in them. The one that looked the best on the exterior had the worm and sector shaft rusted to the point of being unusable.

Ye gotta 'greez'em ,man.......
6s6

You post and post buy nobody pays attention.

1968 T-code Coupe with a 302.  Nice car, no show stopper for sure, but I like it.

11/24/2022 7:41 PM  #27

Here's chockostangs work...he rebuilt this for my 67 cougar I'm working on now...

test json format

11/24/2022 10:45 PM  #28

josh-kebob wrote:

Here's chockostangs work...he rebuilt this for my 67 cougar I'm working on now...

test json format

His work definitely looks top notch. Been debating sending out my stock box have it rebuilt but convert over to electronic steering.

11/25/2022 12:04 AM  #29

They work better than they look. Several years ago I bought some 69 parts, including a Chocko rebuilt box, from a guy on another forum just cuz they were a good deal. About a year later I drove my brother's unrestored 69 SCJ for the first time. The steering and brakes were horrible. I gave him the rebuilt Chocko steering box for his 69. Several months later I drove it after he replaced the box and fixed the 4 wheel drum brakes. What a transformation. It steered and braked better than my 69. I then decided to get a rebuilt Chocko steering box.

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

11/25/2022 11:03 AM  #30

Rufus68 wrote:

6sally6 wrote:

Bearing Bob wrote:

I've torn down three 69 steering boxes, none had anything resembling grease in them. The one that looked the best on the exterior had the worm and sector shaft rusted to the point of being unusable.

Ye gotta 'greez'em ,man.......
6s6

You post and post buy nobody pays attention.

Ehhhh......my 'method(s)' aren't gospel.......just what worked-fer-me!
I think lotsa times guyz have already made up their mind what they plan to do.
They just seek approval from others.
6sal6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.