FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/19/2022 1:29 PM  #1

20th Annual Bash - Date and Location

I am happy to announce that the 20th Annual MustangSteve Bash will be held Saturday, September 30, 2023 in Gruene, Tx at a fantastic venue called Rockin R on the bank of the beautiful Guadalupe River.  Start making your plans!

Due to the astronomically high cost of having this venue, the catered Mexican food buffet will need to be paid up front and be borne by the participants (you).  As the time gets nearer, I will set up a way to collect the food cost through paypal. 

I sure hope EVERYONE will make the trip for the 20th bash. I want to make it a very special event and a chance to meet everyone personally.  It will honor me personally if you will drive your old Ford to the bash.  The fact we have been doing this for twenty years blows my mind.  This one will be special, as it will start the transition of my official retirement from hosting the MustangSteve Bash.  After this one, Brian, the new owner of the MustangSteve brand, will take over. He and I will be sharing the cost of this venue. In the future, I will be there as a participant rather than a host.  Let’s make the 20th a huge event.  It will be publicized to several Mustang clubs, so hopefully you will get to see what some other Texans have for classic cars.

What do you think about Mexican food?  The venue I am looking at caters and they are really good, but not cheap. Prices on meals have gone crazy, but this would be a great meal at a great venue.   I am thinking a fajitas buffet will be the main course.
Will let you know more after I get the food cost estimates from the Rockin R folks.  The food caterer is El Arroyo out of Austin, Tx.

Last edited by MS (12/21/2022 1:40 PM)

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

12/19/2022 3:40 PM  #2

Re: 20th Annual Bash - Date and Location

1) Do I like Mexican food?  Sure do!
2) Am I planning on driving the equine to spend some time with FYI Ford friends for the 20th BASH?  Sure am!

It's in Illinois again this year, right? LOL

Last edited by TimC (12/19/2022 3:41 PM)

12/19/2022 3:41 PM  #3

Mexican food is one of my faves.

Gary Zilik - Pine Junction, Colorado - 67 Coupe, 289-4V, T5

12/19/2022 4:50 PM  #4

We are also good with Mex and I won't even play Texican and say, "Well, it's ok but that's not how they do it in Colorado."

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

12/19/2022 4:50 PM  #5

Book the Mexican food/restaurant
No one should quibble over the cost....especially if you're hungry

12/19/2022 6:24 PM  #6

Mescan food? Absolutely. You can't swing a cat and not hit a Mescan restaurant out here.

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

12/19/2022 7:31 PM  #7

Bearing Bob wrote:

Mescan food? Absolutely. You can't swing a cat and not hit a Mescan restaurant out here.

El Gato taco  🙀🌮

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

12/19/2022 9:23 PM  #8

Lunch menu would run around $25 per person, all prepared onsite.  I hope everyone can spring for it so we can get this really great location.
The venue will be expensive, too.  Brian and I would split the cost for it. I figure what the heck, the 20th bash should be really special.

I will know more tomorrow

12/19/2022 9:37 PM  #9

I’m always good with Mexican food!!

John  -- 67 Mustang Coupe 390 5 speed

12/20/2022 9:46 AM  #10

Sounds good to me

Its really me....I fixed my caps lock .

12/20/2022 4:10 PM  #11

I like mexican food.

Mustang Steve Bash in Gruene, Texas September29-30, 2023

12/20/2022 9:24 PM  #12

almcgee wrote:

I like mexican food.

Said every person... ever.

12/21/2022 9:36 AM  #13

Anna and I are in. 

12/21/2022 9:54 PM  #14

Can’t wait let’s do it Coupedaddy and Coupemommy are in Lol

Last edited by Coupedaddy (12/21/2022 9:54 PM)

12/22/2022 7:43 AM  #15

A couple of pics showing the venue in Gruene

12/22/2022 9:46 AM  #16

I will be there;and, I like mexican food.

Mustang Steve Bash in Gruene, Texas September29-30, 2023

12/22/2022 12:52 PM  #17

Outstanding, can't wait. How many rooms are available at the Casa de Wilkes in nearby Canyon Lakes? If no rooms are available, you do have RV hookups, right?

12/22/2022 3:41 PM  #18

Bearing Bob wrote:

Outstanding, can't wait. How many rooms are available at the Casa de Wilkes in nearby Canyon Lakes? If no rooms are available, you do have RV hookups, right?

I plan to stay at the bash hotel for at least Saturday night, even though I live 15 miles away.  I don’t want to miss out on any fun.
If anyone needs an RV spot, a new place near my house owned by my friend Jim should be completed by bash time.  There are lots of RV parks nearby, but they book way ahead of time, so plan way ahead.  Zip code 78133 is where I live.

12/22/2022 8:03 PM  #19

I always wondered why the host didn't stay at the hotel for the Bash. I figured the hotel could make the host a deal for one room for having the Bash at their hotel.

12/22/2022 9:27 PM  #20

I know that place and been across that bridge a time or two. Gonna be a great day!!!

12/22/2022 9:36 PM  #21

Sounds absolutely wonderful.

I drove over 1700 miles for shrimp tacos.
I’ll be there for fajitas.

12/23/2022 11:43 AM  #22

Nos681 wrote:

Y’all gonna drive through California on your way to Texas??

12/23/2022 11:52 AM  #23

Bolted to Floor wrote:

Nos681 wrote:

Y’all gonna drive through California on your way to Texas??

At minimum, I think he should meet us in Montrose for the drive into God's Country.

12/23/2022 5:06 PM  #24

Only got's one spare room/bed.  Butt (TS&T), you all can share.

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

12/23/2022 6:19 PM  #25

Bearing Bob wrote:

"can't swing a cat and not hit a Mescan rest...."
Rarely do I see a cat near a Mexican restaurant ! (jus say'in!)
6s6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.