FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/02/2023 8:40 PM  #26

Re: Hose Clamps

Buying 2 at a time makes the shipping almost as much as the part. Nuttin Wong with buying 10 at a time like Keith.

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

4/03/2023 8:28 AM  #27

Bearing Bob wrote:

Buying 2 at a time makes the shipping almost as much as the part. Nuttin Wong with buying 10 at a time like Keith.

The box of 10 in that size cost me $37.34 plus tax and free shipping with Amazon Prime.

1966, vert, Installing a new 347, 5 speed, 4 wheel disc, pb, 3.70 LS 9", epas

4/03/2023 8:55 AM  #28

Bearing Bob wrote:

They sell them in pairs, so I ordered several different sizes (2,4,6 is still less than 10 in my book ). I rather not have a box of 10 for every size I want...

Just to add: 

I ended up with 14 clamps of various sizes, per clamp cost for all of them was $2.83 per clamp *including* shipping. 

Last edited by Raymond_B (4/03/2023 9:00 AM)

4/15/2023 12:06 PM  #29

Following up - I just replaced 5 hose clamps w/Gates heat shrink “Power Grip Clamps” on the heater hose.  When I installed the Vintage Air A/C a few years ago, I placed the heater control valve behind the carburetor.  This required several elbows close to one other in order to fit it in that area.  While partially hidden behind the carburetor and air cleaner, I didn’t like the ‘looks’ of all these ‘screw’ type metal hose clamps.  I did leave metal hose clamps at each end for an easier removal, if necessary.
Took it out for a drive, no issues.  
The Gates clamps were easy to install, I used my electric heat gun to shrink the clamps. 

65 Fastback, 351W, 5-speed, 4 wheel discs, 9" rear,  R&C Front End.

4/17/2023 6:39 AM  #30

I actually like constant pressure band hose clamps.  I used to hate them, until I bought a pair of pliers made specifically to deal with them.  THAT changed the game.   With the pliers, you can position the tabs any way you want, I done a few where the tabs are underneath and out of sight.

Worst part about them is the do dig a pattern into the underlying hose.  But again, with the pliers, its not a problem putting it on exactly as it came off.  Because more often than not, if its not perfectly seated, they tend to leak. 

Overall, I think they look the best short of the one time use pinch clamps, such as are commonly used on CV boots. 

My .02
https://www.ama zon.com/Flexible-Clamp-Pliers-Locking-Water/dp/B07C3LYZM7/ref=asc_df_B07C3LYZM7/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=241955516116&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=12253223516775064050&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=t&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9022812&hvtargid=pla-644018367086&psc=1

Last edited by Greg B (4/17/2023 6:41 AM)

If multiple things can go wrong, the one that will go wrong will be the one that causes the most damage.

5/06/2023 2:08 PM  #31

That was a entertaining and informative video. I liked the constant pressure band clamp for the looks. Typical install / removal isn't bad with a pair of Klein side cutters for the heater hose sizes. Had them on the Mustang when I first got it together. Had one hose come off accelerating quickly from the neighborhood one evening. Thought it was a fluke. Had the second one come off leaving the burger place from Friday's burger lunch on the 2018 Bash. Again, it involved some rapid accelerations and RPM's climbing the tach!!! Barry was with me when the green water hit the windshield!! We coasted up the street to a corner store for a gallon of water and got the hose installed again. 

The Ideal Tridons are what's on it now. 

John  -- 67 Mustang Coupe 390 5 speed

5/06/2023 9:26 PM  #32

The RPMs were definitely climbing rapidly.   
It got me motivated to start working on my 390 again.

"Those telephone poles were like a picket fence"

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.