FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/29/2023 7:00 AM  #1

New MustangSteve Logo Feedback

I am in the process of refreshing the MustangSteve site, including a new logo. I wanted to get feedback on what y'all thought of the potential new logo. Let me know which one you like best or if you like the old one better or neither.

Which logo do you like best?

3/29/2023 1:39 PM  #2

Re: New MustangSteve Logo Feedback

Per an old MS adage - "Don't fix it, if it ain't broke".

68 coupe - 351W, 4R70W, 9" 3.25 -- 65 convertible - 289 4v, C4, 8" 3.00

3/29/2023 2:30 PM  #3

My thoughts are that the shield logos look too much like something from a European exotic.  The quintessential Mustang emblem has always been the galloping horse.  Probably going to be hard to improve on that.  If the goal ois an updated logo them possibly try this:

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/open-road-brands-ford-mustang-round-embossed-tin-sign?cid=Shopping-Google-Product-1324821&gclid=Cj0KCQjww4-hBhCtARIsAC9gR3bXJB6CKo-FbhkQVcW9j3sA0Tl7UCpeAUO9PgiG5yv6kncsHgFvUxwaAsWTEALw_wcB

Replace the words "Ford Mustang" with "Mustang Steve". 

3/29/2023 2:30 PM  #4

My vote would have to be the current logo.(G)

Member since 2003, Mustang Steve has always been my homepage. 67 FastBack..Future engine is currently my coffee table

3/29/2023 5:17 PM  #5

orginal logo 

Its really me....I fixed my caps lock .

3/29/2023 5:21 PM  #6

I was thinking European soccer club logo, but European exotic works too.

3/29/2023 8:04 PM  #7

MustangSteve, as written in your original post, has been the name of the company since day one.  That is capital M and S with the rest lower case. No space ever between Mustang and Steve. That is a symbolic statement.  I.e.; nothing comes between Steve and Mustang.  It should be maintained, but I guess if the intent is to put space between Mustang and Steve, those new logos will accomplish it.

When I sold the company, I changed my handle on this forum from MustangSteve to MS to honor the fact that I was no longer representative of the company.  In my opinion, the phony Mustang horse logo that was implemented after the sale is not very impressive. In my opinion, your quest to come up with a new logo needs a lot of work and it would be appreciated if the MS name was not used.  I know I have no say in this matter, but you did ask for opinions.

Fully realizing that you cannot use the Ford version of the running Mustang due to the fact Ford would sue you, there has to be some way to use a horse in a running position without it copying the original or looking wimpy like the one that has been used recently.  None of the current logo examples are original. Orginal logo was just “MustangSteve” as one word.

Change is inevitable, but it doesn’t have to lack taste.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

3/30/2023 5:12 AM  #8

Thanks for all of the feedback!

I was hoping to add some vintage racing style into the logo. The forward looking horse was thought of before the new Mustang Dark Horse logo. I have clearly missed the mark for the MustangSteve brand and won’t be using the new logo.

Steve, no disrespect was meant by having an M/S in the logo,

Reference images:

Last edited by Brian (3/30/2023 5:53 AM)

3/30/2023 7:31 AM  #9

original logo, or as TKO suggested.

65 Fastback, 351W, 5-speed, 4 wheel discs, 9" rear,  R&C Front End.

3/30/2023 5:06 PM  #10

I probably should have voted for the original one.  But I understand change.  I would suggest keeping it as close to original as you can but making it your own.

3/30/2023 8:47 PM  #11

Brian, I can see the dark horse one pictured below the M/T tire picture you last posted. Maybe just add the curved Mustang at the top by the ears and the curved Steve down by the nose. (Just my 2 cents.)

Member since 2003, Mustang Steve has always been my homepage. 67 FastBack..Future engine is currently my coffee table

3/31/2023 4:56 AM  #12

Perhaps something like this?

Might want to look at new logo in black and white pictures as well,
What may look nice in color may not show up well in shades of gray.

3/31/2023 5:00 AM  #13

Or something like this.

3/31/2023 5:25 AM  #14

Big company's put a lot of effort into maintaining a company name and logo. Name recognition is a big selling point. Usually a name change comes with bad publicity.. Kentucky Fried Chicken changed to KFC so fried was not in the name, due to bad publicity of fried foods. I agree with what was said earlier, if it ain't broke don't fix it. 

If this forum can't fix it, it isn't broke.

3/31/2023 9:46 AM  #15

wsinsle wrote:

Big company's put a lot of effort into maintaining a company name and logo. Name recognition is a big selling point. Usually a name change comes with bad publicity.. Kentucky Fried Chicken changed to KFC so fried was not in the name, due to bad publicity of fried foods. I agree with what was said earlier, if it ain't broke don't fix it. 

I completely agree.

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

3/31/2023 9:42 PM  #16

Completely disassociate yourself from Mustang Steve and go on your merry way.

Mustang Steve Bash in Gruene, Texas September29-30, 2023

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.