FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/04/2023 4:19 PM  #1

In NEED of a silver bullet !!!.......

Brake light switch on a 66 coupe (if that matters)
Pretty sure its a broken wire connection and not just an adjustment.
PLEASE tell me somebody has come up with a way to get your hands/head/light/tools all in the space under the dash. I disconnected the clutch pedal and it is flopped down to the floor and 'pretty much' outta the way.
Anybody come up with a less painful fix ?!
tanx
6sally6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

6/04/2023 5:06 PM  #2

Re: In NEED of a silver bullet !!!.......

i found that if i put mine on the lift, i can lift it up about 4 to 5 feet and stand up to reach in and work on it. Lifts are a wonderful invention.

67 Coupe, 5.0 EEC IV Fuel injected. T5, 3:70 rear

6/04/2023 6:49 PM  #3

Recruit a small kid in the neighborhood and show him how to do it.🤪

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

6/04/2023 8:34 PM  #4

With only 4 screws at the top and 2 screws at the bottom I would go ahead an pull the dash gauge cluster Easy Peasy Sal !

Member since 2003, Mustang Steve has always been my homepage. 67 FastBack..Future engine is currently my coffee table

6/04/2023 8:53 PM  #5

Quicksilver wrote:

With only 4 screws at the top and 2 screws at the bottom I would go ahead an pull the dash gauge cluster Easy Peasy Sal !

What he said…

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

6/04/2023 10:12 PM  #6

You can spend way too much time on your back reconnecting the speedo cable  ... the brake switch is lower. I've had enough hours of practice, that I usually get the cable on the first attempt.

"Those telephone poles were like a picket fence"

6/05/2023 6:54 AM  #7

You should have BB do it for ya.

6/05/2023 7:44 AM  #8

After spending two evenings and leaving alot of DNA samples under the dash trying to replace the broken clutch cable last year, a very dim light came on and said pull the instrument cluster, in ten minutes the cable  was hooked up and running,  

6/05/2023 5:32 PM  #9

DANG-IT......why din'ut I think of that! (I did really butt ....not until the second day!)
I just finished up the install........jus need to tie-wrap & tidy up a little under there now.

Next question:................Is Fentanyl   a good treatment for prolonged bouts of standing on ones head & shoulders for hours at a time ?!
  I "heard" its the drug that just keeps-on-giving!
Tanx for the great tips guys.........sorts wish I had done it that way !!!!
6sally6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

6/05/2023 5:38 PM  #10

I am no expert, but I hear Fentanyl will permanently eliminate any and all pain you may have.

6/05/2023 5:39 PM  #11

I have a longer speedo cable that lets me connect it to the speedo before placing the cluster in the dash.

6/06/2023 7:56 AM  #12

MS wrote:

I have a longer speedo cable that lets me connect it to the speedo before placing the cluster in the dash.

The reason I got an electric speedometer. It works off of the VSS which signals the cruise control as well.
YMMV!

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.