FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/20/2023 6:00 PM  #1

end of an era, made my last set of roller spring perches today

To be more accurate I made 5 sets. I had a sale for one set and wanted to finish out my inventory of cores. I have been making them for about 20 years and estimate I made between 500 and 1000 pairs of them. Not sad to see this product line coming to an end. Sales of them have declined and they are extremely labor intensive, which was fine when I was younger but not worth the effort now that I am not young anymore. DazeCars is still going strong and I will continue to sell my other products. Thanks to everyone that purchased roller perches from me over the years!!

If it isn't broken...modify it anyway! http://www.DazeCars.com https://galaxieforum.boardhost.com

6/21/2023 6:32 AM  #2

Re: end of an era, made my last set of roller spring perches today

Sounds like you made a lot of people happy, good luck in the future. 

65 Fastback, 351W, 5-speed, 4 wheel discs, 9" rear,  R&C Front End.

6/21/2023 7:58 AM  #3

That's a good reason to end their production. Glad I grabbed a set.

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

6/21/2023 8:33 AM  #4

Thanks Daze, I put one of your DIY kits on my car back in the early days of the roller perches along with your Arning drop template. One of the best mods I've ever done to my Mustang.
Best wishes on continuing success.

Good, fast or cheap. Pick any two...

6/22/2023 12:51 PM  #5

Sold my set of Daze roller spring perches several months ago. Brand new never used, just never needed with coil overs $125.00 on Craigs List.

Member since 2003, Mustang Steve has always been my homepage. 67 FastBack..Future engine is currently my coffee table

6/22/2023 1:09 PM  #6

I  have a set on my car and had a set on Por-15 for many years.

Its really me....I fixed my caps lock .

6/23/2023 8:18 AM  #7

Are people going with coilovers or just less Mustangs being restored because of a lot less of them out there?

6/23/2023 9:33 AM  #8

Steve69 wrote:

Are people going with coilovers or just less Mustangs being restored because of a lot less of them out there?

While both of things are factors the bigger issue for me is the death of forums.  When I started selling parts in 2004 there were 5 or 6 very active Mustang forums and people would recommend my products.  This created tons of links on the internet that could be found with a google search.  With forums going away those like have also gone away and so leading up to 2020 there was a huge decrease in the traffic to my website.  Now with my YouTube channel pointing people to my web site sales and traffic have come back up to what they once were, but the roller perches are a pain to make so it is no longer worth it for me to make them.

If it isn't broken...modify it anyway! http://www.DazeCars.com https://galaxieforum.boardhost.com

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.