FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/27/2023 2:10 PM  #1

Rear Windshield Correct Install Shop - Dallas

Tired of the leaks at the rear windshield when washing the car on top of not being able to drive in the rain.

Anyone know of a shop anywhere in North Texas that can properly remove and reinstall a rear windshield? 
I'm willing to drive 2 hours in any direction from Dallas, Texas.  I saw a youtube video on the process and it was a mess of sealant.

The glass it self is fine and can be reused.  I definitly want someone that has done this before.

1966 Mustang Coupe

Thank you

6/28/2023 3:31 PM  #2

Re: Rear Windshield Correct Install Shop - Dallas

Deep Ellum Glass.  Used to be in Deep Ellum but moved out to more rural location on I-45 south of town.
They did my 66 and also Don’s 66…
Old school folks… at least they were seven years ago.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

6/30/2023 12:30 PM  #3

Called the guy.  They are over by Rockwall now but they can come out to me. 

$365 for the reinstall and an additional $125 if i want to replace the glass.  What should I do?  Original glass has some scratches but otherwise ok, nothing horrible.  Is new glass actually better?  I've gotten burned by replacing components in the past with 'new' stuff that was junk.

They'll leak test it first right?  I'm only doing this because it wasnt done right in the first place.

6/30/2023 5:15 PM  #4

Keep the original glass.........

6/30/2023 6:32 PM  #5

Keep the original. New glass is thinner, and sometimes there will be a gap from the glass to the molding, unlike original glass.

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

6/30/2023 8:37 PM  #6

Rear glass is super easy.  Just mask everything off the exterior paint and remove interior trim.  Fifteen minutes and it’s in. 
Wd-40 makes removal of any errant sealer a snap.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.