FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/02/2023 4:23 PM  #1

It’s been a while! How are y’all!?

Gaba house was in a nutty season , and still is, but we are building a callous— so we can get back into things we find joy in , and not just the daily grind ..

Hence my mustang!! Been driving it — haven’t made a change since the IL trip— still running  well except the turn signals not running well. Which I will fix sometime .

How are y’all!!??

And have you seen the new “Carb Cheater” made by Luke Finley (Thunderhead289) on YouTube? Very interested in it.. but also interested in thoughts .. :D

Hope to hear from y’all soon

If it aint broke, I have'nt tried to "Fix" it yet!

7/02/2023 4:51 PM  #2

Re: It’s been a while! How are y’all!?

Gaba wrote:

Gaba house was in a nutty season , and still is, but we are building a callous— so we can get back into things we find joy in , and not just the daily grind ..

Hence my mustang!! Been driving it — haven’t made a change since the IL trip— still running  well except the turn signals not running well. Which I will fix sometime .

How are y’all!!??

And have you seen the new “Carb Cheater” made by Luke Finley (Thunderhead289) on YouTube? Very interested in it.. but also interested in thoughts .. :D

What’s a callous?
Don’t think we have those here in Canada.

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

7/02/2023 7:34 PM  #3

Good to hear from Ya Gaba.  Hope we see you folks again at the Bash.

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

7/03/2023 6:20 AM  #4

Ain't that the guy who put the lawn mower carb on the Maverick?  And drove a beater (yet cool) Galaxie across country?   I will go look for it and watch it.

If multiple things can go wrong, the one that will go wrong will be the one that causes the most damage.

7/03/2023 6:32 AM  #5

Good to hear you're doing well. 

7/03/2023 7:56 AM  #6

I was curious enough about the carb cheater to buy one.  If nothing else it is a stealth AFR gauge.

Gaba wrote:

How are y’all!!??

Last edited by Bentworker (7/03/2023 9:32 AM)

7/03/2023 8:29 AM  #7

Seriously, what is a callous, or just a misprint

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

7/03/2023 11:22 AM  #8

Good to hear from you Gaba, and that all is well. I've never built a callous, butt I've been called callous by some, so I should be pretty good at building one. That carb cheater guy is pretty darn smart. I enjoy his videos. I too hope to see you at the Bash.

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

7/03/2023 6:13 PM  #9

SUPER.........to hear from ya Gaba !!
I just KNOW you're driving that hot rod Mustang to the bash......so I can look it over real good. (Last time it had a tick/tick @Ed Bentonz bash.)
For the record...I have had  several callouses too. Some... very serious ones!  Fer sure, not everyone can claim to have ever had one !
Anywho.........great news to hear from ya. Hope to see ya there !!!
6sally6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

7/04/2023 6:25 AM  #10

Checked out the carb cheater pretty slick. 

If this forum can't fix it, it isn't broke.

7/07/2023 6:44 PM  #11

Yes!! I will be there at the bash for sure. I have to book a room though— but I gotta take money out of my first horn’s college fund for that one lmao!!!!

Yeah that carb cheater is looking VERY interesting

I would love to hear feedback!

Also —- can’t wait to see y’all again

If it aint broke, I have'nt tried to "Fix" it yet!

7/07/2023 8:02 PM  #12

Theres"s always trade school. Seriously, good to hear from you again and hope to see you at the bash.

67 Coupe, 5.0 EEC IV Fuel injected. T5, 3:70 rear

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.