FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/01/2023 8:14 AM  #1

Can’t stand it any more

Does anybody know the difference between LOOSE and LOSE ??

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

8/01/2023 8:29 AM  #2

Re: Can’t stand it any more

I’m at a LOST on your question.😁

8/01/2023 8:53 AM  #3

Isn't that short for Lucy !?
6s6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

8/01/2023 9:41 AM  #4

We all have our pet peeves, some of mine are

ATM Machine...
Coupon should be pronounced coupe-on, not with a Q.

There, I feel better

8/01/2023 10:48 AM  #5

1966, vert, Installing a new 347, 5 speed, 4 wheel disc, pb, 3.70 LS 9", epas

8/01/2023 10:49 AM  #6

Come on, man!!!
You win or lose.
It's tight or loose.
We all face the loss of our youth--
(10 th grade stuff)

Prof 

8/01/2023 11:02 AM  #7

Righty-Tighty Lefty-Losey

1968 T-code Coupe with a 302.  Nice car, no show stopper for sure, but I like it.

8/01/2023 11:29 AM  #8

I get really tired by the use of the f word in conversation. I like to poke fun at the misuse of grammar and enjoy 6Sally6’s vernacular.

70, ragtop 351W/416 stroker Edel Performer heads w pro flow 4, Comp roller 35-421-8. T5

8/01/2023 11:58 AM  #9

I'm a witch cha on bad grammar Steve. There, their and they're. Break and brake. Speaking of Sally's vernacular, it took a bit to finger out what he was saying in this text message:

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

8/01/2023 12:43 PM  #10

Steve…one of our college educated children…. “I boughten one”….wow!

I should demand a refund from the college in Mount Please Ant, MI….😜

Last edited by Nos681 (8/01/2023 12:46 PM)

8/01/2023 12:49 PM  #11

Love it, I tried Mustang spelling rather than phonetics thought it would relate easier LOL

8/01/2023 12:52 PM  #12

I would rather be here then there. (than there....)

68 coupe - 351W, 4R70W, 9" 3.25 -- 65 convertible - 289 4v, C4, 8" 3.00

8/01/2023 1:22 PM  #13

6sally6 wrote:

Isn't that short for Lucy !?
6s6

too loose we will lose you.

Its really me....I fixed my caps lock .

8/01/2023 1:23 PM  #14

I hate does and dose

8/01/2023 1:23 PM  #15

Rufus68 wrote:

WRONG!!!

8/01/2023 1:25 PM  #16

Raymond_B wrote:

ATM Machine...

There, I feel better

I am still trying to figure how coupon could even be pronounced with a Q anywhere in it???

8/01/2023 9:23 PM  #17

I hate
“dessert” v s “desert”
One is sweet, the other is dry.
Pronounced and spelled completely wrong for the conventions of the King’s English. I have to stop and think about it.

Last edited by Prof (8/01/2023 9:24 PM)

8/01/2023 10:34 PM  #18

MS wrote:

Raymond_B wrote:

ATM Machine...

There, I feel better

I am still trying to figure how coupon could even be pronounced with a Q anywhere in it???

I would Love to drive my 65 Quope soon.

8/01/2023 11:08 PM  #19

MS wrote:

Raymond_B wrote:

ATM Machine...

There, I feel better

Everbody nose it's pronounced coo pun.

8/02/2023 5:44 AM  #20

MS wrote:

Rufus68 wrote:

WRONG!!!

Hang on a sec, if it goes too far lefty you may indeed lose it. 

8/02/2023 5:51 AM  #21

My biggest might be "impacted" used to refer to the past tense of "impact".  The issue is that "impacted" is an adjective, not a verb.  You can have an "impacted" tooth, but the asteroid cannot be described as having "impacted" Earth.  The asteroid made impact on (or upon) Earth.  I hear supposedly educated people use it wrong all the time.  And speaking of misuse/mispronunciation, the third word in the previous sentence doesn't have a B in it!

The other one I hate it irregardless.  That's not a word.  You mean to say "regardless" or "irrespective".  The prefix "ir" means without, so "irregardless" decodes to "without a lack of regard", essentially a double negative.  The thing that really drives me nuts about it is I often feel people use it to try and sound smart.

8/02/2023 6:34 AM  #22

TKOPerformance wrote:

The other one I hate it irregardless.  That's not a word.  You mean to say "regardless" or "irrespective".  The prefix "ir" means without, so "irregardless" decodes to "without a lack of regard", essentially a double negative.  The thing that really drives me nuts about it is I often feel people use it to try and sound smart.

One manager I worked for would get very annoyed if anyone used 'irregardless" (among other words).  He'd chastise the entire engineering section if someone said it with "I know engineers aren't English majors but you need to speak, and write correctly". 

65 Fastback, 351W, 5-speed, 4 wheel discs, 9" rear,  R&C Front End.

8/02/2023 7:28 AM  #23

It depends on if your Yankee or a Southerner...LOL  

8/02/2023 8:32 AM  #24

TKOPerformance wrote:

My biggest might be "impacted" used to refer to the past tense of "impact".  The issue is that "impacted" is an adjective, not a verb.  You can have an "impacted" tooth, but the asteroid cannot be described as having "impacted" Earth.  The asteroid made impact on (or upon) Earth.  I hear supposedly educated people use it wrong all the time.  And speaking of misuse/mispronunciation, the third word in the previous sentence doesn't have a B in it!

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/irregardless

1966, vert, Installing a new 347, 5 speed, 4 wheel disc, pb, 3.70 LS 9", epas

8/02/2023 9:52 AM  #25

KeithP wrote:

TKOPerformance wrote:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/irregardless

I'm guessing it won't be too long before supposebly will also be in the dictionary.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.