FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/08/2023 4:03 PM  #1

Insurance question (since this topic has NEVER been dis-cussed).....

I know a bunch of y'all have Hagerty Classic Car insurance.....
How many of y'all have ever filed a claim with them? (I think BILLY WALTON has)
Any headaches with them?
6sally6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

8/08/2023 6:15 PM  #2

Re: Insurance question (since this topic has NEVER been dis-cussed).....

Had Hagerty for years now, but thankfully have never made a claim with them.

68 coupe - 351W, 4R70W, 9" 3.25 -- 65 convertible - 289 4v, C4, 8" 3.00

8/08/2023 6:46 PM  #3

No claim for me either, Butt the nicest people to talk to ever.

Member since 2003, Mustang Steve has always been my homepage. 67 FastBack..Future engine is currently my coffee table

8/08/2023 8:56 PM  #4

I had a claim with Grundy, but that was not the question.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

8/09/2023 12:14 AM  #5

I had liability at the time of my wreck....NOW I HAVE HAGERTY LOL 

Its really me....I fixed my caps lock .

8/09/2023 6:19 AM  #6

I have Hagerty since 2004, but I have never had to make a claim. 

Bash Host MSBB XVI.       BobC    1966 Mustang Coupe

8/09/2023 6:29 AM  #7

Have had Hagerty since 2008, had one claim for windshield of the Fairlane, paid 100% of what installer billed, no problems, they towed Mustang from Chicago, to Milwaukee, (flatbed) no charge, Towed hunting trailer back to house, 125 miles and friends Van to transmission shop, no charge, and a few 20 to 30 mile tows on a few other vehicles no charge, So pretty happy with them.

8/09/2023 7:26 AM  #8

I had a claim with Hagerty about two years ago when a shelf unit collapsed in my garage, dumping its contents onto the hood of my Mustang. The claim process was pain-free. I used their recommended high-end car restoration shop: https://www.dragoneclassic.com/. The car is actually better now than before the repair. No change in my rates either.

8/09/2023 9:39 AM  #9

Do any of you fellas have the 'Cherished Salvage' option when you got Hagerty Insurance ?
Thx for the info so far............
6sally6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

8/09/2023 10:45 AM  #10

6sally6 wrote:

Do any of you fellas have the 'Cherished Salvage' option when you got Hagerty Insurance ?
6sally6

Just added  it to mine when I upped the agreed value.
I have a ton of stuff on the car that is custom made and it ain’t going to scrap yard.

Last edited by Rudi (8/09/2023 10:51 AM)

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

8/09/2023 10:56 AM  #11

Rudi wrote:

6sally6 wrote:

6sally6

Just added  it to mine when I upped the agreed value.
I have a ton of stuff on the car that is custom made and it ain’t going to scrap yard.

Since mine is NOT the caliber of your convertible /show quality....I wonder about the added expense.
Other than the engine and transmission there is nothing really special about my old hot rod.
6s6

8/09/2023 11:55 AM  #12

Rudi wrote:

6sally6 wrote:

6sally6

Just added it to mine when I upped the agreed value.

Can't you retain ownership of a totaled vehicle by paying (or deducting) the salvage value from your settlement with the insurance company? If you can, why pay up front for the "Cherished Salvage" value coverage when you may never use it? 

8/09/2023 2:25 PM  #13

Kevin197 wrote:

Rudi wrote:

6sally6 wrote:

6sally6

Can't you retain ownership of a totaled vehicle by paying (or deducting) the salvage value from your settlement with the insurance company? If you can, why pay up front for the "Cherished Salvage" value coverage when you may never use it? 

How does a person know how much the ins company will reimburse as salvage value .
75 bucks a year for the rider is peanuts.

8/09/2023 5:16 PM  #14

My situation.....the cost of just the Cherished Salvage times 10 years was less than 300 bucks !
(assuming I'll still be driving it!...Country may be all electric  ...I might be croaked....fuel might be 50 bucks a gal.)
Who-nose.....?!
I went ahead and got the cherished savage.....I can always drop it!
6sally6

Last edited by 6sally6 (8/10/2023 4:16 PM)

8/09/2023 8:59 PM  #15

did not see that  I will probably ad that to mine

8/09/2023 9:58 PM  #16

Where do I find the Cherished Salvage coverage on there....I cant find it.

8/09/2023 11:02 PM  #17

Rudi wrote:

Kevin197 wrote:

Rudi wrote:

How does a person know how much the ins company will reimburse as salvage value .
75 bucks a year for the rider is peanuts.

I have the cherished salvage coverage from Hagerty also.

68 coupe - 351W, 4R70W, 9" 3.25 -- 65 convertible - 289 4v, C4, 8" 3.00

8/10/2023 7:44 AM  #18

BILLY WALTON from GEORGIA wrote:

Call your broker.
Billy, can you share the details of how you ended up keeping your wrecked Mustang?

8/10/2023 8:24 PM  #19

Rudi wrote:

BILLY WALTON from GEORGIA wrote:

Call your broker.
Billy, can you share the details of how you ended up keeping your wrecked Mustang?

Wreck wasnt my fault it was a big truck ran red light.
I only Had liabilty insurance.
I told the Lawyer I would accept the offer they paid for my total loss if they also gave me car back too. They sent me paperwork like I was selling them the car in the amount of the settlement of the car not my personal injuries differnt settlement and then when I did that the car was theirs and they just gave it to me in the agreement it was totalled and was not to be back on the road.I had it dismantaled and sold part and use some on my 65. Sounds weird

8/10/2023 8:44 PM  #20

Thanks for that info Billy.

8/10/2023 9:15 PM  #21

I know this is not the original question, but I do have a comment. I have had Grundy Insurance(Philadelphia Insurance Company) for the last 10 years. I plugged my Grundy coverage numbers into the online Hagerty website and their rates were almost twice as much as Grundy. Wondering why and if I am missing something?

1966, vert, Installing a new 347, 5 speed, 4 wheel disc, pb, 3.70 LS 9", epas

8/10/2023 9:35 PM  #22

I found that Grundy had tighter driving restrictions than Hagerty when I checked bout 5+ years ago.

Last edited by Bearing Bob (8/10/2023 9:46 PM)

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

8/10/2023 9:42 PM  #23

Bearing Bob wrote:

I found that Grundy had tighter driving restrictions, bout 5+ years ago.

I investigated that years a ago and don't remember the conclusion. I have my Grundy policy and need to revisit that to see what it states. I remember classic car insurance had restrictions on driving daily, to cars shows and back and to parts stores. Will look at my policy and see what the restrictions are if any.

8/11/2023 7:52 AM  #24

I’ve heard that Grundy only allows cars to be driven on and off trailers.🤪
Hagerty let’s me do just about anything except as a dd. I drove my 68 to Savannah for a car show once and stayed in Myrtle Beach for a month with it after the show , all with  Hagertys blessing.

Last edited by Rudi (8/11/2023 7:53 AM)

8/11/2023 9:39 AM  #25

I can no longer post pictures. So here is a link to a copy of my Grundy Usage Endorsement: https://ibb.co/ryMT5D7

Evidently each state has their own Usage Endorsement. Line B.2 could be very confusing. So, if I run an errand to the auto parts store and I am having a pleasurable time driving there, am I covered?

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.