FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/03/2023 9:13 PM  #26

Re: So my damned car ate my socket and two nuts

And on a further note regarding my mouse smell induced carpet change project - I was installing the rear carpet last night and when locating the hole for the drivers seat belt bolt in the rocker panel, I discovered that, when looking through the jig hole about 4 inches forward of the seat belt bolt hole, that the damned rocker panel was full of peanuts, sunflower seeds and corn stolen from my wife's squirrel food stash. A half hour of vacuuming and using a pick yielded about a half pound of stuff that the little buggers had stowed in there prior to my fatal intervention that ended their occupancy. As spoken by "Top Cat" in an old cartoon series from long ago - "I hate those meeses to pieces!"

68 coupe - 351W, 4R70W, 9" 3.25 -- 65 convertible - 289 4v, C4, 8" 3.00

11/04/2023 6:11 AM  #27

yea those dang meeces got into our Honda side by side and chewed the wires off the fuel pump. About the hardest place to get to on it. Took about a whole day of taking it apart and putting back together to fix that.

67 Coupe, 5.0 EEC IV Fuel injected. T5, 3:70 rear

11/07/2023 1:31 AM  #28

Well, the carpet installation is complete (PITA for an old guy - boy, I am sore!) The seats went back in without a hitch. I duct taped the socket to the extension and used some thick green transmission build up lube to hold the nut into the socket - worked great. That center console was a bear - trying to locate the mounting holes through the carpet and the thick insulation pad was no fun. I hope this will get rid of the mouse smell. I treated the bottom of the back seat cushions with an enzymatic cleaner to neutralize whatever smell they might have. Now to keep a loaded mouse trap in the back seat floor just in case...and I got my wife to put her damned squirrel food in mouse proof containers. I set a couple of traps there too as insurance.
Thanks to all for your suggestions to help me out.

11/07/2023 8:59 AM  #29

I used Febreze fabric spray (scent free) to eliminate a musty smell in my car after it sat for the while in a garage, worked great.  

65 Fastback, 351W, 5-speed, 4 wheel discs, 9" rear,  R&C Front End.

11/07/2023 10:56 AM  #30

Ron68 wrote:

and I got my wife to put her damned squirrel food in mouse proof containers.

I wonder how the squirrels and birds that don't live near people get by.

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

11/07/2023 3:47 PM  #31

RPM, aka Bearing Bob wrote:

Ron68 wrote:

and I got my wife to put her damned squirrel food in mouse proof containers.

I wonder how the squirrels and birds that don't live near people get by.

The government pays for their housing and food. 

11/07/2023 7:45 PM  #32

Found this in the El Camino a couple of years ago.
I had to laugh.

This works for mice too.
I place the buckets outside of the garage normally.
Away from the cars inside the garage during winter with RV anti-freeze as needed.
Just water and sunflower seeds for birds…we have small dogs and grandkids.

Last edited by Nos681 (11/07/2023 7:51 PM)

11/08/2023 6:58 AM  #33

Ah, smart squirrel!  He was soaking those acorns in washer fluid, like filling a watermelon with vodka!  Unfortunately I think methanol just kills you instead of getting you drunk, but you have to admire his ingenuity. 

11/08/2023 7:10 PM  #34

Nos681 wrote:

Found this in the El Camino a couple of years ago.
I had to laugh.

This works for mice too.
I place the buckets outside of the garage normally.
Away from the cars inside the garage during winter with RV anti-freeze as needed.
Just water and sunflower seeds for birds…we have small dogs and grandkids.

OMG don't let my wife see this posting! (personally, if all the damned bushy tailed rats ended up in your bucket, it wouldn't break my heart)

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.