FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/16/2023 1:53 PM  #1

Scott Drake quality speaks for itself

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

11/16/2023 2:04 PM  #2

Re: Scott Drake quality speaks for itself

Do you have a stock timing cover to try it on?   Reason I ask is it seems pretty hard to screw up a simple metal stamping.   They can do it, though.   Shame, they once set the standard for quality repro parts.   Now they are just a name with no face like most of the others.

If multiple things can go wrong, the one that will go wrong will be the one that causes the most damage.

11/16/2023 3:25 PM  #3

I put it in my vise and flattened out the two bends a little but. Then it fit. I have had same problem previously.

11/16/2023 8:37 PM  #4

The part looks pretty simple, did you think of making one?

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

11/16/2023 10:18 PM  #5

I cringe every ti me I’m forced tobuy a SD part

70, ragtop 351W/416 stroker Edel Performer heads w pro flow 4, Comp roller 35-421-8. T5

11/17/2023 8:38 AM  #6

Looks like they punched the holes before forming the two bends. Relaxing the two angles made the part longer.
Biggest problem is tge hole for the 10-24 bolt is so big the hex head almost goes through it.

Just terrible quality on a very simple part.

11/17/2023 4:00 PM  #7

I just sold a new one of those on Ebay that came on BP engine.  I needed the timing pointer on the passenger side.  I sold it for $12.00 and paid the 3$ shipping.  

11/21/2023 10:16 AM  #8

Scott Drake needs to go away.

Mustang Steve Bash in Gruene, Texas September29-30, 2023

11/21/2023 11:08 AM  #9

Its always baffled me why anyone would sell the ability to use their name to another company where you have no control over what they will sell using it.  I guess that's what greed does to you.  I was always taught from my grandfather on down that all you have in life is your word and your name, so you better make sure both are good. 

Scott Drake used to stand for top quality.  Now it stands for hit or miss, where the misses are total junk. 

11/21/2023 12:45 PM  #10

TKOPerformance wrote:

Its always baffled me why anyone would sell the ability to use their name to another company where you have no control over what they will sell using it.  I guess that's what greed does to you.  I was always taught from my grandfather on down that all you have in life is your word and your name, so you better make sure both are good. 

I guess if ENOUGH $$$ is applied.................!??
6s6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

11/21/2023 2:33 PM  #11

I only sold my first name, so no one can positively ID me for any future carnage that could possibly result from the name MustangSteve.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.