FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/04/2024 9:02 PM  #1

Blueprint 347 first drive.

3/04/2024 10:51 PM  #2

Re: Blueprint 347 first drive.

Sounds great!  Isn't it wonderful to have open roads like that to test drive your car?

Original owner - 351w,T-5, 4whl disks, power R&P

3/05/2024 7:59 AM  #3

Thanks a lot, Steve.  Now I'm all jello....again.  Sounds so fine, good for you.

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

3/05/2024 8:42 AM  #4

lowercasesteve wrote:

Sounds great!  Isn't it wonderful to have open roads like that to test drive your car?

A nice benefit of living in the country.  

3/05/2024 8:43 AM  #5

Bullet Bob wrote:

Thanks a lot, Steve.  Now I'm all jello....again.  Sounds so fine, good for you.

lol!    Thanks BB!

3/05/2024 9:58 AM  #6

Steve69 wrote:

lowercasesteve wrote:

A nice benefit of living in the country.  

Having grown up in 'city' environment, when I asked the best way to break in an new engine, I was told "sideways down 233rd St." ... its a Bronx thing, youse guys may not understand!  LOL

65 Fastback, 351W, 5-speed, 4 wheel discs, 9" rear,  R&C Front End.

3/05/2024 10:36 AM  #7

GREAT............and ya didn't break down !!! (which happens A LOT on the first road run !!....so I've been told)
6sally6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

3/05/2024 4:32 PM  #8

Sounds great Steve.

Your trip around the “block” has got to be about 6-7 miles out in farm country.

3/05/2024 6:04 PM  #9

Very nice, just come from shoveling snow!

1968 Coupe 289 C-4 Dave

3/05/2024 7:15 PM  #10

I'm still working on my custom exhaust system. Wow, you must be having a extremely mild winter with no snow/salt on the ground this time of year. Sounds good!

1966, vert, Installing a new 347, 5 speed, 4 wheel disc, pb, 3.70 LS 9", epas

3/06/2024 8:48 PM  #11

Nos681 wrote:

Sounds great Steve.

Your trip around the “block” has got to be about 6-7 miles out in farm country.

I checked my mileage and it was 7 miles…lol.

3/06/2024 8:53 PM  #12

KeithP wrote:

I'm still working on my custom exhaust system. Wow, you must be having a extremely mild winter with no snow/salt on the ground this time of year. Sounds good!

Really mild!  We had a couple of bad weeks in mid January.  I actually could have driven it in February but waited for a rain to wash some of the salt off the road.  We actually had a Tornado here about a mile from my house in February.  First one recorded in Wisconsin in February.  I got a pretty good video of it. Post some video when you get your 347 running!  I’m excited to hear what you think of yours.

Last edited by Steve69 (3/06/2024 8:55 PM)

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.