FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/07/2024 12:11 PM  #1

Today I am working on my air hose reels

I started firing my compressor up after sitting these past few years.  At first, no leaks in my piping system, but these swivel fittings started leaking air shortly after using them.  Had to go to HF and buy new oring kits.  Loaned them out never got them back.  So today is a good leg day, I'm on a step ladder!  Both my hose reels are at the center of each end of my shop. Just unscrewed the whole assembly.  Good thing I put disconnects on the hose whips!

Edit:  the front side was a cracked and dry rotted whip hose.  Which makes some sense, it probably gets some sun when the door is up.   But dang, I already went to the store once!

PS do not ever use hose clamps on your air hoses!  I refuse to do it.   I have seen many broken air hoses in my day and it's not a pretty site.  Think of the movies when the firemen lose control of a water hose.

Last edited by Greg B (3/07/2024 1:26 PM)

If multiple things can go wrong, the one that will go wrong will be the one that causes the most damage.

3/08/2024 2:11 PM  #2

Re: Today I am working on my air hose reels

South end all fixed with new o rings and a new whip hose. No leaks.  Here is a pic of my set up.  I didn't originally put this on this side, but it's sure come in handy. 

If multiple things can go wrong, the one that will go wrong will be the one that causes the most damage.

3/09/2024 4:17 PM  #3

Re: Today I am working on my air hose reels

At work.......when I still did that nasty stuff...we used hose clamps all the time with no issues.
I DID see a quick connect/dis-connect fail one time and sling all around the shop like a possessed rattlesnake !

It woulda quickly removed several teeth and/or eyes if it 'struck home'!
We managed to stomp-the-crap out off it and pinch off the hose before it hurt anybody.
Lotsa excitement at 4:00 am on the graveyard shift-----
6sal6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.