FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/16/2024 10:35 AM  #1

MINI-BASH...MINI-BASH...MINI-BASH

Once again I am planning a road trip to see a museum.  A couple of years ago we went to Junction City, KS and visited the Kansas Auto Racing Museum in Chapman, KS.  We had a great turnout with 15 Mustangers and 12 classic Mustangs.

This one should be even better.  I'm going to Lincoln, NE and spend a couple of days seeing the
Museum of American Speed (Speedway Museum) on Friday and Saturday, May 3 and 4.  The museum is only open from Noon to 4:30 during the week and from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm on Saturdays.  So I figured we could go Friday afternoon and again on Saturday morning, if anyone wanted to, and folks could get on the road Saturday afternoon if necessary.

My plan is to arrive Thursday afternoon, May 2, and hit the road on Sunday, May, 5 probably.  I have made my reservations at the La Quinta, 4433 North 27th St., Lincoln, NE.  Phone: (402) 476-2222. 

Everyone I have talked to says this is an "A" list item for gear heads.  They have over 600 engines, alone, on display plus every type of racing car there is. 
We always have a good time at the MINI-Bashes  and I've been thinking of this one for a couple of years.  Figured I'd better get it done 'cause I ain't gettin' any younger.

MS's standard Mini-Bash rules apply:  Drive a '75 or older car*,  While we love 'em to death, the ladies are not invited (My lady thinks this is great since she gets her fill of Car BS the rest of the year).

* One exception to the vehicle rule:  Fox Mustangs are allowed so Tim Carrick can drive the '83 Vert he got from Terry.

I sure hope you can work this into your schedule...I'd love to see all you guys.

BB1

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

3/16/2024 12:11 PM  #2

Re: MINI-BASH...MINI-BASH...MINI-BASH

The Eighth Air Force Museum (Maybe it's called the Strategic Air Force Museum) Is just south of Lincoln.  It's a great museum for WWII buffs.  lots of early warbirds.  If time permits, that could be a good couple of hours spent.

Original owner - 351w,T-5, 4whl disks, power R&P

3/16/2024 12:33 PM  #3

Thanks Steve, I love that stuff too. 

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

3/16/2024 5:39 PM  #4

Well, I went back and reviewed MS's mini bash rules from his 12/2021 post prior to a Bryant TX mini bash.  He stated vehicles must be 25 year old Fords, so perhaps you can revoke the Fox exception. LOL

I guess I need to go pull the cover off the car and fix the power steering leak.....

Thanks for organizing this, BB.

As an aside, I visited the Corev*** museum in Bowling Green KY a couple of weeks ago (10 years since the sinkhole incident).  They had 3 engines on display:  a complete Ford Flathead, a Ford Flathead block with Ardun heads, and a token SBC.  Can't wait to see 600 in one place!

3/16/2024 6:24 PM  #5

Hmmmmmm. Looking at the calendar. 

3/16/2024 11:04 PM  #6

It looks like Blueprint Engines is 2 hours west of Lincoln.  It would possibly be able to get a tour scheduled on Friday (closed on weekends). 

1968 T-code Coupe with a 302.  Nice car, no show stopper for sure, but I like it.

3/17/2024 7:03 AM  #7

I am just an hour and half south of Lincoln. I plan on being there. 
My place is just about 30 minutes out of the way for anybody coming from the south,( if'n you take 77 highway)

Last edited by Alan (3/17/2024 7:07 AM)

67 Coupe, 5.0 EEC IV Fuel injected. T5, 3:70 rear

3/17/2024 8:10 AM  #8

I'll be traveling in May and will not be able to attend. 

65 Fastback, 351W, 5-speed, 4 wheel discs, 9" rear,  R&C Front End.

3/19/2024 6:20 AM  #9

I am going to see if my neighbor Tom wants to come up. He had a great time on the Kansas trip. 

3/19/2024 9:01 AM  #10

Cool, Ed.  Yeah, I remember Tom.  Hope you guys can make it.  My concern is that we might not be able to REALLY see that museum in only eight hours.  I could probably spend that long in the Model T and Model A engine sections.

3/19/2024 1:55 PM  #11

Bullet Bob wrote:

Cool, Ed.  Yeah, I remember Tom.  Hope you guys can make it.  My concern is that we might not be able to REALLY see that museum in only eight hours.  I could probably spend that long in the Model T and Model A engine sections.

Oh well, nothing ventured nothing gained.

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

3/19/2024 8:12 PM  #12

RPM, aka Bearing Bob wrote:

Bullet Bob wrote:

Zat mean you'll be needin' the room at chez Bullet?

3/19/2024 10:58 PM  #13

Bullet Bob wrote:

RPM, aka Bearing Bob wrote:

Bullet Bob wrote:

Zat mean you'll be needin' the room at chez Bullet?

Chez Bullet?  Hopefully. Wow, in impressed you know what chez means. But do you know how to pronounce it?

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

3/20/2024 8:14 AM  #14

3/20/2024 8:23 AM  #15

Sure I know how to say it....Just like them little crackers..."Chez Zits"

3/21/2024 8:51 PM  #16

Not sure at this time due to work schedule.

Would like to make it, it’s only 12 hours of driving.

3/25/2024 11:47 AM  #17

Wish I could make it.  Probably won’t be healed up enough by then.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

3/25/2024 1:17 PM  #18

lowercasesteve wrote:

The Eighth Air Force Museum (Maybe it's called the Strategic Air Force Museum) Is just south of Lincoln.  It's a great museum for WWII buffs.  lots of early warbirds.  If time permits, that could be a good couple of hours spent.

If you are ever up this way (Seattle area) and want to see an amazing collection of WWII aircraft and armor - visit the Flying Heritage and Combat Armor Museum at Paine Field airport near Everett, about 35 miles north of Seattle. It was the museum that the late Paul Allen put together before he died. I am a volunteer there at the museum and my job is cleaning and detailing those absolutely beautiful aircraft. The museum was sold by Paul's sister, Jody, to Stuart Walton, one  of the owners of Walmart. He thankfully kept the museum there in Everett and didn't move it all somewhere else. Here is a link:  https://flyingheritage.org/ Check it out.

68 coupe - 351W, 4R70W, 9" 3.25 -- 65 convertible - 289 4v, C4, 8" 3.00

3/25/2024 3:46 PM  #19

Thanks Ron...That would be a good target if we get up there.  Maybe you should host a bash someday. 

3/25/2024 3:49 PM  #20

Nos681 wrote:

Not sure at this time due to work schedule.

Would like to make it, it’s only 12 hours of driving.

Hope you can squeeze it in, LT.  Love to see ya.

MS:  800 miles would prolly be a bit much for you delicate condition right now...even in a month.
Next time, fer shore.

3/25/2024 4:01 PM  #21

Fighting some less than 100 miles demons on the fresh build and I'm supposed to have the top installed on the 15th of April so put me in the tentative column.

3/26/2024 3:10 PM  #22

GPatrick wrote:

Fighting some less than 100 miles demons on the fresh build and I'm supposed to have the top installed on the 15th of April so put me in the tentative column.

Outstanding, Gary.  We'll, RPM and I, and possibly RV6, will be coming through Pueble to pickup my passenger, then northish.  We could hook up with you fairly easy.  Sure hope you can make it.
I know about gremlins.  The heap just plain shut off down in Texas last year, then did it a couple of weeks ago with an entirely different ignition in it.  Research lead me to possible wrong use of  di-electric grease for the TFI when Thermal grease is specified.  Supposedly that will cause the issues I've had.  Fixed it (I hope) today.

3/26/2024 4:21 PM  #23

Were you burning up the TFI or just overheating when they shut down? 

67 Coupe, 5.0 EEC IV Fuel injected. T5, 3:70 rear

3/26/2024 4:41 PM  #24

Alan wrote:

Were you burning up the TFI or just overheating when they shut down? 

Just overheating, Alan.  It just quit running and then after 10 seconds or so, started back up and went down the road.  I've been chasing harness problems but now I think it was the di-electric grease not letting the TFI heat dissipate into the dizzy body.  Just why Ford when to the remote TFI.  I'll probably  remote the silly think, pretty easy, even though I never had a problem until I used the wrong grease, I believe.  But,  I do remember how you did yours, looked at it at the Bash.

3/27/2024 9:35 AM  #25

Bob, I have two remote mount heat sinks, a black and a gray module, a variety of connectors, and a remote TFI distributor (no holes) that you are welcome to.  They are pick and pull parts but came from running cars/trucks.  Free if we meet up or I can ship for postage.  I was going to use TFI with the Holley Terminator X Max but the Holley dual sync was plug and play for my MPFI setup.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.