FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/25/2024 9:00 PM  #1

April 8 total eclipse

The city I live in will be in the path of the eclipse in totality for 3’30” starting at about 3:20 edt.
I also noted that Canyon Lake will be in the moons shadow around 1:30 cst.
Any one else going to be lucky enough to experience this phenomenon?

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

3/26/2024 6:16 AM  #2

Re: April 8 total eclipse

Only getting a partial view here.  We had the good one a couple years back.  A welding helmet worked great for viewing. 

3/26/2024 6:19 AM  #3

My location will have a 69% obscuration and will last about 2-1/2 hours starting at 12:42 CDT.  It'll probably be too cloudy to see ... but will photograph it if it's visible.

There's a map on the web - https://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/map/2024-april-8, and you can get the details for your location by clicking the "See how this eclipse looks in your city" link to the bottom right of the map.

Founding Member of the Perpetually Bewildered Society

3/26/2024 7:44 AM  #4

Taking a ride up to Burlington VT to be in the area of totality.

3/26/2024 7:51 AM  #5

Don’t use welding glasses unless they’re 14 shade, anything under that can cause permanent eye damage.
Even ISO certified viewing glasses recommend that a total of 3 minutes continuous viewing at one sitting.
I have an astrophotographer nephew that has travelled extensively around the world to take pictures of eclipses. He also has many published pictures of planets and nebulas that aremindblowingly. spectacular.

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

3/26/2024 8:40 AM  #6

Rudi wrote:

Don’t use welding glasses unless they’re 14 shade, anything under that can cause permanent eye damage.
Even ISO certified viewing glasses recommend that a total of 3 minutes continuous viewing at one sitting.
I have an astrophotographer nephew that has travelled extensively around the world to take pictures of eclipses. He also has many published pictures of planets and nebulas that aremindblowingly. spectacular.

I have #15 shades in all my old school helmets for stick welding.  I wasn't going to risk it with the auto darkening ones, even though they have a setting that goes up to #15. 

3/26/2024 10:27 AM  #7

We're in a partial path in south-west PA. Eire is just a few hours north and is in the total path. 

If this forum can't fix it, it isn't broke.

3/26/2024 12:02 PM  #8

Come on down and join the party for the eclipse.   Great time for a Mustang show.
The hype is nuts around here for this event.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

3/26/2024 12:16 PM  #9

MS,  Your area has double points...  Total Eclipse and clear weather forecast.  No wonder the hype.

1968 T-code Coupe with a 302.  Nice car, no show stopper for sure, but I like it.

3/26/2024 2:31 PM  #10

That, plus it happens in my back yard

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

3/26/2024 5:08 PM  #11

MS wrote:

That, plus it happens in my back yard

I thought the paper said it was happening in space.

Bob. 69 Mach 1, 393W, SMOD Toploader, Armstrong  steering, factory AC.

3/26/2024 5:42 PM  #12

SEEN-IT........
6s6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

3/26/2024 5:56 PM  #13

Figures, It is showing that the Central Coast is supposed to have Rain all day Sun. I hope they got it wrong!

Member since 2003, Mustang Steve has always been my homepage. 67 FastBack..Future engine is currently my coffee table

3/26/2024 6:39 PM  #14

Not bad viewing here just north of NYC. 
John Ha - thanks for the map.

65 Fastback, 351W, 5-speed, 4 wheel discs, 9" rear,  R&C Front End.

3/26/2024 10:06 PM  #15

We had a partial eclipse in 2017.  This was shot using a colander  Each hole made its own image on the garage wall.  It was awsome!

Original owner - 351w,T-5, 4whl disks, power R&P

3/27/2024 8:03 AM  #16

I was in the direct path of the 2017 solar eclipse.  I did not get to watch it, though.   I was getting those eyeleya eye injections and Dr. recommend I just avoid it.   So I stayed inside while everyone was outside having a good time.

Not going to be that far from this go round.  Still in the path of a partial eclipse.  May go a few miles south and catch this one, though.

I found a website where you can put in your location and it tells you your location totality percentage.   I'm at 99.4 in my back yard.  Won't really need to go anywhere.

Last edited by Greg B (3/27/2024 8:17 AM)

If multiple things can go wrong, the one that will go wrong will be the one that causes the most damage.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.