FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/12/2013 12:31 PM  #1

How I wasted the winter away.

It started out as a simple(?) cam, head, manifold and carb change. Then I saw the post by Mustsed on relocating the ac comp. I used the mount out of a thunderbird for the air pump/alt and modified it to fit the ac comp and alt. After a couple of days of changing the water pump, crank pulley, lower radiator neck and hose, I got to spend a couple of weeks making spacers to get the 17 million pulleys to line up. (Thanks Sedat) Now you can see the writing on the drivers side head that says Ford Racing and not that funny e word. The first two pictures are the before shots and the next two are the after shots. the final pic is the position of the ac comp.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't get him drunk

4/12/2013 1:41 PM  #2

Re: How I wasted the winter away.

Do you have a tensioner somewhere  in that serpentine set up? I can't see on in the pics.

Good work ain't cheap, Cheap work ain't good!   Simple Man

4/12/2013 2:15 PM  #3

Rudi wrote:

Do you have a tensioner somewhere  in that serpentine set up? I can't see on in the pics.

I use the alt for tensioning. It's not a fixed position. Just slide it out and tighten the bolts.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't get him drunk

4/12/2013 11:13 PM  #4

Alan
Great job!! I do wish you'd post more photos of your work, this project and some of the others.
The folks here would find them most inovative.
I have a Fox Mustang alt/air pump that intend to use for the 2+2's A/C compressor mount. I'll remove the tensioner mount and one of the alternator mount ears. A double heimed dogbone adjustor on the alt for belt tensioning. I'd like to see more of your comp mount and A/C hose routing.  Hiding the hoses if possible, is a goal for me.
I also wonder about the belt routing. With only as much wrap on the alt as your using, mine would squall. May need an idler between the alt & A/C comp or reroute around the WP pulley. Plz keep us informed of how yours is doing.

Glad to see this worked out for you.

Corky

Last edited by Tubo (4/12/2013 11:20 PM)

If it ain't broke, I haven't modified it Yet

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.