FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/17/2013 2:03 PM  #1


Will these 5.0 EFI valve covers work on a Carbureted Engine

Just wondering about the PCV and Venting. 

Thanks
Steve69

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/fms-m-6000-d302

 

10/17/2013 2:15 PM  #2


Re: Will these 5.0 EFI valve covers work on a Carbureted Engine

They'll bolt up just fine, You will have your oil fill tower on the other side, and need to fab different PVC routing.
There is a vent tube in the oil fill tower. A line from there to the intake.

Tubo


If it ain't broke, I haven't modified it Yet
 

10/17/2013 3:09 PM  #3


Re: Will these 5.0 EFI valve covers work on a Carbureted Engine

I believe I have seen the oil fill cover on the DS, which puts the filler toward the back.  I believe the filler tube was shortened to duck under the shock tower brace, but it made the engine compartment less cluttered up front.  Maybe a little harder to add oil....

 

10/17/2013 3:11 PM  #4


Re: Will these 5.0 EFI valve covers work on a Carbureted Engine

Could you have it on the Passenger side and route the line over to the Carburetor from the vent near the filler cap?   Then the Drivers side would have no Breather.

Thanks
Steve69

Last edited by Steve69 (10/17/2013 3:14 PM)

     •Thread Starter
 

10/17/2013 5:01 PM  #5


Re: Will these 5.0 EFI valve covers work on a Carbureted Engine

Yes the oil fill tower goes to the passengers side.
EFI PVC is in the rear center of the lower intake manifold. There isn't really a PVC location using these valve covers. So, the vent line in the oil fill tower is your only choice, meaning one bank of cylinders is un-vented.
Unless Ya want to get involved with some machine work, Hehheh

Tubo


If it ain't broke, I haven't modified it Yet
 

10/17/2013 5:07 PM  #6


Re: Will these 5.0 EFI valve covers work on a Carbureted Engine

Hmmmmmmmmm!!..I say no.
In order for the PCV system to work right you need a suction on one side and a filter on the other. I guess you could cut a hole in the one VC to fit a grommet and PVC valve in.
At $200+ a pop..... be careful. OR....Get some like... it butt-maid for carb'ed engines.
6sal6


Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8
 

10/18/2013 7:40 AM  #7


Re: Will these 5.0 EFI valve covers work on a Carbureted Engine

6sally6 wrote:

Hmmmmmmmmm!!..I say no.
In order for the PCV system to work right you need a suction on one side and a filter on the other. I guess you could cut a hole in the one VC to fit a grommet and PVC valve in.
At $200+ a pop..... be careful. OR....Get some like... it butt-maid for carb'ed engines.
6sal6

I agree... You probably could make them work, but I don't think it's worth the trouble when you could just buy similar ones that were made for use with a carbureted engine.

 

Board footera


REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.