FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/22/2013 10:31 AM  #26

Re: It's official..SHE'S BACK!

rmousir wrote:

That looks great!

I'm going to be greedy and ask that you post a whole bunch of pictures and give me the specs of everything you have done on the car and what you have under the hood.  I'm interested.

Again, it looks great.

Hey Richard, Ill post some interior and engine bay pics soon. For the mean time, here are a few specs in particular to my car:

1966 Mustang (GT clone)
302 Engine with a T5 behind it built by Glen(Rosehill Performance)
Originally a 200i 6cyl.
9" Rear end with 3.70 gears
Front MS Cobra Disc Brake conversion
Rear MS GT rear Disc Brake conversion
MS Cable Clutch conversion
Stock front suspension, Havent done the shelby drop yet..
Monroe Shocks up front, KYB adjustables in rear
Reverse Eye rear springs
2012 GT Mustang front and rear seats(Rears custom fitted due to fitment issues)
Black Pony Interior

Last edited by Ramses (10/22/2013 1:45 PM)

10/22/2013 10:38 AM  #27

Ramses wrote:

rmousir wrote:

That looks great!

I'm going to be greedy and ask that you post a whole bunch of pictures and give me the specs of everything you have done on the car and what you have under the hood.  I'm interested.

Again, it looks great.

Hey Richard, Ill post some interior and engine bay pics soon. For the mean time, here are a few specs in particular to my car:

1966 GT Mustang
302 Engine with a T5 behind it built by Glen(Rosehill Performance)
9" Rear end with 3.70 gears
Front MS Cobra Disc Brake conversion
Rear MS GT rear Disc Brake conversion
MS Cable Clutch conversion
Stock front suspension, Havent done the shelby drop yet..
Monroe Shocks up front, KYB adjustables in rear
Reverse Eye rear springs
2012 GT Mustang front and rear seats(Rears custom fitted due to fitment issues)
Black Pony Interior

Thanks for that.  I'm eagerly looking forward to seeing pictures.  Well done my friend.

10/22/2013 10:41 AM  #28

True74yamaha wrote:

Great job awesome car from the pictures I'm seeing it looks better than a lot of the cars I see at the autorama every year here in slc great job. By the way what paint color is that on your ride rangoon candy apple?

The paint color is called "Jalapeno Red" purchased from a company called Urekem(Urekem.com).  They are a low profile company but I decided to give them a shot after reading good reviews on them. The paint and clear coat system they offered turned out really great.  Since I am a college student making money on my own by selling car parts I dont need or deals I run into to turn around and make a profit from, I couldnt really afford the high dollar Deltron/PPG Paint. I did however use PPG's Self etching primer and High build Primer they offer.  That stuff really builds good. Not too expensive too.  Urekem offers a Primer kit on their website as well, but I decided to use PPG' primer as my foundation for paint instead. Their Customer Service was excellent too!

Last edited by Ramses (10/22/2013 10:43 AM)

10/22/2013 10:46 AM  #29

Thanks for all the encouraging Feedback yall! Im glad you like how she turned out! She has been a real work in progress and the best learning experience Ive ever received! 

10/22/2013 1:59 PM  #30

Very yep, Very nice Be Proud. You've earned it.

I made enough money to buy Miami, but pissed it away so fast

10/22/2013 11:08 PM  #31

SWEET! 

10/23/2013 9:54 AM  #32

great job!!!!! this site keeps me going and going and going

65 coupe, 351w, c4, power disk brakes, power r&p, vintage air.

10/23/2013 5:39 PM  #33

Great job, Ramses! Look how much better it turned out from your first "restore" (which wasn't that bad, either). Really nice paint, and I love the wheels, too ( got the same ones...) Now get out there and CRUISE!!!

68 coupe - 351W, 4R70W, 9" 3.25 -- 65 convertible - 289 4v, C4, 8" 3.00

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.