| ||
| Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for: FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events |
Offline

My neighbor is moving and is selling their lift for $1000.. I've seen it, but don't know much about it except it's a 4 post and has not been used a lot. Without knowing much more, does that sound like a deal?
Offline
Quality and prices really vary. $1000 could be a smokin' deal or just barely below what they paid for it. Get the manufacturer and model and/or weight capacity and hit google to check on pricing and also for reviews. While some negative (and overly positive) reviews are suspicious, you can get an idea of overall quality and common problems/compaints. Any accessories such as pans, jacking plates, casters, etc., also can have a big impact on value/cost. From some research I did before I bought the rotisserie, quality runs the range from great to junk. Without the manufacturer and part number all is is speculation.
Offline
I'm guessing that its a deal. about a $500 discount give or take. Average price I've seen for new is $1500 and up. Quality like previously mentioned is a concern but I've not seen a 4 post lift that ever fell down. So check it out in person and have the neighbor demonstrate it. Then do some google and take cash over.
I still plan on getting a lift. Wish I had gotten a rotissory as well.
Wish he was my neighbor.
Offline

Jerry, the biggest consideration I had when I bought my lift was the footprint of the whole thing, as I had limited space to work with. I got one with the smallest possible footprint. The larger footprint models are usually cheaper and much more common.
Second was I got one with the extra 12" of lift. That allows the truck to park under it and anyone can walk under it without fear of banging their head. This only matters if you have the 12' ceilings required to put a car up that high.
If you are cramped for space (who isn't) buying one with the smaller footprint may be worth the extra $500 if that one turns out to be the larger footprint. Or... you may WANT the larger one. Your pickup fits easiily on the smaller one.
Offline

Good points.. I'll check it out this Saturday. The homeowner before him actually bought it. I tried to get it back when he moved, but he said it had to leave it with the house. I don't think this guy has even used it except to park his C6 Vette on it. I know there's a couple of other guys that want it, but he was nice enough to offer it to me first.. probably cause I've been bugging him about it for a couple of years now.
Offline

all I can say is a lift is the best tool I ever bought. If I had it to do all over again I would have purchased the lift before I bought the car.
Offline

Daze wrote:
all I can say is a lift is the best tool I ever bought. If I had it to do all over again I would have purchased the lift before I bought the car.
Daze, Did you ever move the lift to the taller building?
Offline

taller building is still only a carport, so no
Offline
Don't even hesitate.
What?? You ain't bought it Yet!!!
Corky
Offline

Tubo wrote:
Don't even hesitate.
What?? You ain't bought it Yet!!!
Corky
X's 2
Offline
Something everyone is forgetting when talkin about the price, When you are shopping consider shipping costs and getting it to your house!! When I bought mine i had to drive 30 miles to a trucking terminal and they loaded it and i hauled it home. I forgot the total shipping costs but it aint what I'd call cheap! so If lifts are going for $1500 you still have to add shipping so $1000 sounds pretty resonable!!!
Offline

I did tell him I'd take it.. gonna pick it up Saturday. Lori's side of the garage already has a high-lift door kit so it'll go there until I can one on the other door... or she makes me move it.
Offline
I doubt you will regret your purchase!! more like why didnt i do that a long time ago!!![]()
Offline

Best $400 I ever spent was paying two guys from the lift company to deliver and assemble mine ! You can really hurt yourself lifting those runways. They used some 24" long pieces of 6" or 8" pvc pipe under it so it would roll along the driveway so they only had to lift one end at a time.
Offline
My 4 post was the best tool I ever bought. So this weekend I am in Indianapolis visiting my son. I had to bring the trailer to haul him down a work bench and vise, so I figured I needed a load to haul home, so I went to Greg Smith Equipment yesterday and loaded up a 9000 lb extra wide two post lift for my other building. Extra wide so my trailer will fit through since my building is a drive through.
| REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on. |