FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/29/2013 2:34 PM  #1

65 mustang 3 wire blower motor needed

Looking for a nice early 65 blower motor ...3 wire....none of the repros look much like the oem....

10/29/2013 3:45 PM  #2

Re: 65 mustang 3 wire blower motor needed

Take your old blower motor(There now thats a correct useage of motor) to your local Poop Boy's, O'Boy O'Reiley's, Zona de Auto, or whatever. They will have or can get a replacement motor that will work fine. May not be listed for a 65 Mustang, butt it'll be the same kind of motor.

Tubo

If it ain't broke, I haven't modified it Yet

10/29/2013 4:09 PM  #3

Thanks tubo....I'm after an original so that the wires, etc will have correct ends and most replacements are either open design or have incorrect appearance such as studs sticking out.

10/29/2013 4:52 PM  #4

This one from National Parts Depot appears to have the correct ends and more or less looks original as far as I can tell by memory without comparing them side by side. It is $60.

1965 Mustang 2+2 EFI

10/29/2013 5:20 PM  #5

Thanks Jeff...I called them and the photo isn't of actual part...theirs is the Craig drake repro also.

10/29/2013 5:31 PM  #6

Bait and switch, how annoying. You can try monitoring eBay. I see a few on there but their condition seems suspect.

You can also try car-part.com which is a search engine for auto dismantlers. I just did a search and there are plenty listed on there. It will probably mean a lot of phone calls and then shipping, but the prices seem to be $20 to $40 less than what the guys on eBay are looking to get.

1965 Mustang 2+2 EFI

10/29/2013 6:02 PM  #7

Thanks Jeff....will check it out...nice car! Mine is an early 65 fastback.

10/29/2013 6:26 PM  #8

Many years ago, there were no aftermarket blower motors that would pass for originals.  Luckily, Ford still had them available.  In 1995, I paid over $200 for an OEM two wire blower motor (for my '65) from the Ford Dealer. I never got around to installing it until 2010.  So I guess you would call it NOS.

10/29/2013 6:57 PM  #9

I got mine through CJ Pony Parts. They have both 3 wire and 2 wire listed.

10/29/2013 6:58 PM  #10

10/29/2013 7:03 PM  #11

Thanks mocha...trying to avoid that one...nothing like oem...

10/29/2013 7:14 PM  #12

Do you still have your original. Maybe you can find a local shop to rewind or repair it.

Last edited by wsinsle (10/29/2013 7:14 PM)

If this forum can't fix it, it isn't broke.

10/29/2013 8:17 PM  #13

One of the first things I changed on my early build 2+2(Oct 17, 64) was the 2 speed blower motor.  I opted for " better than original". Even though it had all the cross over parts, I've never thought a C code has much collectability. That's why Miss May is down to; unibody, front fenders, rear end carrier and a few interior panels, as remaining original parts. Every other signficant part has been changed out.
That's not to say I don't  understand your quest for originality, in fact there was an August 64 build 2+2 A code in Tampa last weekend. All original as a new penny. The owner was justifiably proud of his Stang.
So cudos to ya, and plz tell me when yours was built.

Tubo

If it ain't broke, I haven't modified it Yet

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.