FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/14/2013 11:10 PM  #1

fuel lines

Just recieved 2 3/8" stainless fuel lines from Classic tube today.  Gonna run them both for fuel injection,  Any one have a lead on a two line clip to attach with?

Volvo!

11/15/2013 6:15 AM  #2

Re: fuel lines

What kind of EFI are your going to Run?

11/15/2013 8:03 AM  #3

For attaching fuel line to floor pan, I got my clips from Ron Morris Performance.

11/15/2013 9:57 AM  #4

I kink of like these:   http://www.bcbroncos.com/fuelefi.html

scroll down the page until you see the clamps.

I am considering running the nylon efi hose like Ford uses. I bought a tool to install the quick connect ends to the hose. When I receive it I'll try a few connections to see how well it works. I like the idea of quick connect like on factory setup to fuel filter and fuel rails, I am using the Tanks Inc efi tank, still trying to figure out how I'll connect to the pump. It comes with a 1/4 NPT female fitting so, I want to add a quick connect there as well.

Last edited by KStang (11/15/2013 9:58 AM)

11/15/2013 11:08 AM  #5

Steve69 wrote:

That's a good question, I was looking at MSD's Atomic EFI and they recommend that you run rubber fuel lines vs. steel so you don't run in to a "Water Hammer" effect with the PWM type fule pumps.

11/16/2013 3:43 PM  #6

Steve69 wrote:

Not sure yet, running the extra line now for the return line just in case.

Volvo!

11/16/2013 4:16 PM  #7

Raymond_B wrote:

Steve69 wrote:

That's a good question, I was looking at MSD's Atomic EFI and they recommend that you run rubber fuel lines vs. steel so you don't run in to a "Water Hammer" effect with the PWM type fule pumps.

I have the Atomic EFI system on my car.  The only thing about it I do not like is the fact you have to run rubber fuel lines.  It really makes the underside of the car look really junky, unlike a nice neat set of steel lines.  The Atomic return line kit was $459.  All it inludes is a $150 regulator and some hose 300 PSI hose, which I doubt is necessary for a return line that has a big drainhole at the end and no way to hold pressure.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

11/16/2013 5:23 PM  #8

I used these: http://www.grainger.com/product/INTECH-T-Clips-Fastener-6ZF05?s_pp=false

Here's a video from when I testfitted it, those black hoses in the engine bay will BTW have these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/RUS-640903-Ford-EFI-6-AN-Male-Pressure-Side-Fuel-Rail-Fitting-Black-Russell-/330901403835?pt=Race_Car_Parts&hash=item4d0b42b8bb&vxp=mtr on them to connect to the Ford EFI hard lines:

11/16/2013 5:27 PM  #9

MustangSteve wrote:

Raymond_B wrote:

Steve69 wrote:

I have the Atomic EFI system on my car.  The only thing about it I do not like is the fact you have to run rubber fuel lines.  It really makes the underside of the car look really junky, unlike a nice neat set of steel lines.  The Atomic return line kit was $459.  All it inludes is a $150 regulator and some hose 300 PSI hose, which I doubt is necessary for a return line that has a big drainhole at the end and no way to hold pressure.

Man I missed the fact that you had the MSD setup on your car! I've been going back and forth on the EZ-EFI 2.0, but decided against it because it doesn't support power adders. Then I saw where the Atomic EFI does. I also see that FAST has released the "Sportsman XFI" which is a cross between their full on XFI and EZ-EFI. Decisions, decisions. How do you like the Atomic EFI? Do you think it gives you enough tuning flexibility? I am just worried that it will be too "automatic" and I won't be able to fine tune.

11/16/2013 8:27 PM  #10

How does it run MS?    How are your cold and warm starts?  Are you Happy with it?

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.