FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/18/2013 8:51 AM  #1

Are y'all OK?

The tornados in the US has been all over the news over here in northern Europe also and I am of course curious if you guys living in the areas effected are doing ok?

11/18/2013 9:41 AM  #2

Re: Are y'all OK?

Fine here in Southern Wisconsin.  I think more of the Damage was in Central Illinois.

Steve69

11/18/2013 11:16 AM  #3

We escaped bad weather THIS time! The tornados were 30 miles south and 100 miles north of us! All we got was wind and a little rain! thanks for asking

11/18/2013 3:53 PM  #4

All I got here was wind.   The usual.....this time 1 shingle off.     I had a dead tree Ive been figuring out how to take down without hitting my shed I built, and it survived all that wind yesterday, but I got home from visiting my boy, and the tree fell sometime this morning and is up against the shed, but did not seem to damage it.  

I consider myself very blessed and lucky considering all thats happened in the Midwest over the past day.    I posted this status update on my facebook page about an hour ago.

been one of those days: First a guy in a box truck bumps the back of my Jeep while I was getting gas, then backs up a foot and doesnt say a word. Then my car battery dies up in North St. Louis, did something Ive really never done before, let someone else work on my car. Then I get home, and the tree Ive been trying to figure out how to take down without hitting the shed, fell on the shed (its up against it, but did not harm it) Im home, uninjured, and nothing is damaged except my wallet. Id say GOD took care of me today!

Last edited by Greg B (11/18/2013 3:56 PM)

If multiple things can go wrong, the one that will go wrong will be the one that causes the most damage.

11/18/2013 5:52 PM  #5

How about.....T-McG??????!
6sal6

Last edited by 6sally6 (11/19/2013 4:20 PM)

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

11/18/2013 6:51 PM  #6

We lost a patio heater and a few limbs. only a few miles from the Wentzville middle school that lost a roof.
Feeling pretty fortunate here.

11/18/2013 8:37 PM  #7

Anybody heard from TMcG?  Not sure if storms hit Beardstown or not.  BobC lives up there in the north country as well.  Anything hit Michigan?

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

11/18/2013 9:58 PM  #8

Everything is good here. The worst storms went north and south of us, we just had some wind and a little rain, no damage. Thanks for asking.

Hosted Mustang Steve Birthday Bash 2009        http://www.tm66mustang.com

11/18/2013 9:58 PM  #9

I sent Terry an email and haven't heard back from him.
I don't have his phone number but if anyone does, perhaps they could check on him.
Illinois got the worst of the mid west severe weather..........

11/19/2013 7:05 AM  #10

We had a lot of wind and heavy rain in Michigan.  We lost power for about an hour and had one large tree limb come down that managed to miss everything.  Just a litlle clean up with the chainsaw and we're in good shape. There are still about 200K people in the area without power until the end of the week so we were very fortunate. 

Bash Host MSBB XVI.       BobC    1966 Mustang Coupe

11/19/2013 10:02 AM  #11

josh-kebob wrote:

I sent Terry an email and haven't heard back from him.
I don't have his phone number but if anyone does, perhaps they could check on him.
Illinois got the worst of the mid west severe weather..........

Josh, check post #3, this thread. Terry already said he was OK.

11/19/2013 10:19 AM  #12

I spend yesterday walking thru the wreckage, I have never seen anything like it. People were still in good spirits and everyone helping each other out.

Looks like a 69 in the wreckage

Here is a slide show of all the pics I took
http://s569.photobucket.com/user/g08h/slideshow/WashingtonTornado11-2013

From Bloomington Illinois

11/19/2013 1:20 PM  #13

The destruction in those pictures is sickening.  All those lives turned on end in just a few minutes.

Do the homes in that area have basements where they can duck and cover?  We don't have them in Texas and when a storm comes through all you see is a clean slab.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

11/19/2013 1:45 PM  #14

Basements are pretty typical for this area.  I do not know how many did not have basements but I  assume thats how the loss of life was zero otherwise I can only imagine lives would have been lost.  One couple had new furniture in the basement they wanted to dig out.  Lets hope these next few weeks are dry ones.

I have yet to see pics like these in the news.  The news crews were on the edge of the carnage.  I did not see any inside the damage zone on Monday.  The only people in the zone were residents and clean up crews and myself of course who technically was not supposed to be there.

From Bloomington Illinois

11/19/2013 4:32 PM  #15

Reminds me of Hugo in 89........at least we had some warning before it hit.
I don't plan to EVER stay thru a CAT4/5 hurricane again!
These things look worse!!
Amazing how,after a tragic event like this.......it really draws folks together that went through it...together. At least for the first few days....then sadly enough...we tend to revert back to our own ugly ways.
One thing for sure........looters aren't a problem after destruction like this! There's not much left to steal.
6sally6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

11/20/2013 6:54 AM  #16

Looks bad, at least people survived those OKs mean no bodies, saw enough of that for a lifetime after Katrina nailed us. My prayers go out to these people.

I made enough money to buy Miami, but pissed it away so fast

11/20/2013 4:41 PM  #17

small feel good story emerges from the tornados..

http://www.937thebull.com/pages/MasonandRemy.html?article=11844583

If multiple things can go wrong, the one that will go wrong will be the one that causes the most damage.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.