FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/04/2013 3:28 AM  #1

It's Alive!...Sorta

I finally got my '66 on the road, and it only took me 19 years!  I drove it to the Turkey Run in Daytona and back on Saturday. Cruised with the hot rods Sat. night and saw some outrageous cars down there.
The 289 ran great, but there is excessive blow-by, and I lost enough oil on the way home that pressure dropped and lifters started clacking. I suspect bad ring seal or broken rings, since everything else is good. It's time for a roller engine.
Wheels are Billet Specialties polished "Mag", 17x7, 4-1/2 bs and 18x8 with 5-1/4 bs. Strut front and reverse-eye leafs with 1" spacers.

12/04/2013 6:32 AM  #2

Re: It's Alive!...Sorta

That's a great milestone!  The car looks really good with that stance and wheels. I hope the engine work does not keep you off the road very long.  Great color for a Mustang.

Bash Host MSBB XVI.       BobC    1966 Mustang Coupe

12/04/2013 9:05 AM  #3

whlnut wrote:

I finally got my '66 on the road, and it only took me 19 years!  I drove it to the Turkey Run in Daytona and back on Saturday. Cruised with the hot rods Sat. night and saw some outrageous cars down there.
The 289 ran great, but there is excessive blow-by, and I lost enough oil on the way home that pressure dropped and lifters started clacking. I suspect bad ring seal or broken rings, since everything else is good. It's time for a roller engine.
Wheels are Billet Specialties polished "Mag", 17x7, 4-1/2 bs and 18x8 with 5-1/4 bs. Strut front and reverse-eye leafs with 1" spacers.

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

12/04/2013 9:12 AM  #4

Whlnut!!! Sweeet look'in ride!
I had forgotten you are from Ga. Where?........
Oh wait! Let me get my "Ga. speak" on........."Where at in Georg-ee ya'll from?"
Close to Swainsboro/Vidalia/Lyons/Cobbtown/Soperton/Nunez/Twin City/Norristown Junction/Kite area??
6sally6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

12/04/2013 12:35 PM  #5

whlnut wrote:

I finally got my '66 on the road, and it only took me 19 years!

Makes me believe that I also will have The Phoenix Project finished one day...

The car's looking great!

12/04/2013 1:24 PM  #6

Great looking car, you should be very proud of that.  The wheels look great.

66 Vert.  4.6 DOHC, 4R70 Auto, Heidt's M2 frontend

12/04/2013 1:27 PM  #7

Thats really nice looking Ride!

12/04/2013 1:50 PM  #8

Maybe Alan will  "give you" the new roller 5.0 he just "drug home"!  Now that would be some serious garage points! 8)

65 mustang coupe, 351W, C6-  2800 stall, B&M blower, 9inch- trac-loc 3.70 gears

12/04/2013 2:14 PM  #9

Verry nice, I really like the stance 

Tonie

12/04/2013 2:41 PM  #10

Ed, 
Your 2+2 is looking great. I'd have loved to been to the Turkey Rod Run this year, bout time to do it again.
Now bout that oil problem.................Hehheh.
Do give me a call some time.

Corky

If it ain't broke, I haven't modified it Yet

12/04/2013 7:12 PM  #11

Thanks guys!  Last weekend was the first one "off" from working on the car this year.
Hey Sal- I'm in Brunswick, between Savannah and Jacksonville, FL
Corky- I'll call you this w/e.

Ed

Last edited by whlnut (12/04/2013 7:13 PM)

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.