FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/25/2013 1:38 PM  #1

69 vert possible monster sleeper ?? MERRY XMAS TO ALL

ok, i have a 69 vert 351W 4V loaded and thinking of installing the 67 390 in the 69....i've had this 67stang GTA fb 390 thats been sitting and waiting for an elenor build!  but the motor was pro built and 

rated 600 hp with 600 tq. the C6 was built for 1000 hp.   my question is, is this too much for a vert ??  the motor is a custom fuel inj and for tuning you 

need a computer.. i have the magazine that did the full artical on it back in 90's in burbank ca.  your thoughts please...

Last edited by jgstang (12/25/2013 1:40 PM)

12/25/2013 3:15 PM  #2

Re: 69 vert possible monster sleeper ?? MERRY XMAS TO ALL

Probably depends a lot on the tires you intend to run.  If you keep it traction-limited you probaby won't twist the car up too bad.  If you put on slicks, you are probably going to hurt the car in the long run.  You'll need to be able to stop it too so make sure your brakes are up to the potential of the motor.  

12/26/2013 10:34 PM  #3

600 ft. of torque!!!!!!!!
I would think frame connectors EVEN IF you use the stock g-60 size tires!!
Holy-Cow datsa bunch of horse power for a rag top! One thingk that IS in your favor.............when you do a MEGA-SIZE burnout........you won't hafta get somebody to "fan the doors" for you to get the smoke out of the car!! Just let the top DOWN!!!!!!!!
6sal6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

12/26/2013 10:36 PM  #4

i will be running just some nice wide 16"s but i'll install some good SFC and all the other braces needed..this will not be a race car, it will be a weekender for fun and showing off so frying the tires will be now and then...

12/26/2013 10:39 PM  #5

jgstang wrote:

will be a weekender for fun and showing off 

Hence the  reference to smokey burnouts!!!!!!!!
Sounds like a real "bad-to-da-bone" ride your planning!
May need a ride in it at the next MS Birthday Bash in Ill. next year.
6s6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.