FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/15/2014 8:18 PM  #1

FLEX got rearended AGAIN today

Nobody hurt, but this is the second time Sherry has gotten rearended at almost the same spot in the same road.  First time wiped out everything UNDER the bumper, including the bumper.  This time it was an F-150 so it got the bumper and everything above the bumper.  It's back to the body shop again...

Once it gets fixed, I think I might get rid of it.  Must be bad luck.  What she needs is a BRIGHT GREEN BOSS 302, so she can be seen, but I really doubt I could talk her into getting "her" one.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

1/15/2014 9:15 PM  #2

Re: FLEX got rearended AGAIN today

Glad she's ok............and sorry about the Flex getting bent..........

1/15/2014 10:23 PM  #3

Yeah glad she's ok! People just don't DRIVE anymore, too busy eating & drinking out of there 8 cup holders, texting & talking on cell phones, scaning satellite radio while in cruise control

Last edited by Derek (1/15/2014 10:25 PM)

It's hard to type "funny"

1/15/2014 11:11 PM  #4

That's horrible she got rearended make sure to get checked out. I got rearended in my 85k10 pick up. I was at a dead stop she hit me going 60 in a area where the speed limit is 35. She hit me so hard it went under my truck up off the ground my rear end was on her motor. I had to pop into four wheel to get off. She was in a honda my truck only got a fifty cent size dent in the bumper ha ha her honda didn't make it

1/16/2014 5:14 AM  #5

Glad to hear she is OK Steve. I don't know why women can't get simple logic, what would make more sence than a BRIGHT GREEN BOSS 302?

If this forum can't fix it, it isn't broke.

1/16/2014 7:24 AM  #6

I'm beginning to wonder about the drivers in Texas, the Flex hit twice, your Mustang hit, Ramses car hit, and wasn't Tubo in Texas when he had his accident. I'll be a little nervous if I ever get down there.

66 Vert.  4.6 DOHC, 4R70 Auto, Heidt's M2 frontend

1/16/2014 7:26 AM  #7

I'm really sorry  to hear that, Steve, sure hope she's okay.  I know I don't have to tell you but don't sign any releases 'till it's all over and she's had a while to feel the result of the hit.

Damn...I  guess that isn't why it's called  a "Flex".

BB

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

1/16/2014 12:47 PM  #8

Glad to hear no one was hurt. That part of the road may be the bad luck spot, is an alternate route an option?

John  -- 67 Mustang Coupe 390 5 speed

1/16/2014 1:30 PM  #9

Glad your wifes ok.  Maybe enter it in the County Demo Derby...LOL.

1/16/2014 2:10 PM  #10

Glad to hear shes okay. People drive crazy everywhere these days.

I made enough money to buy Miami, but pissed it away so fast

1/16/2014 6:37 PM  #11

Sorry to  hear about that.  Glad she is ok.  I agree with bulletbirdman, bad driving and  bad drivers are everywhere.  People put themselves on autopilot when they drive. They zone out.  I had a lady pass me this morning on a On Ramp to the highway, it was 7am, it was dark still, and she didn't have any headlights. 

GET HER DONE BULLETBOB!!! ..

1/16/2014 7:07 PM  #12

Illinois just enacted a no hand held cell phone law as of jan 1, I still see people holding them up to their ear!!  I havent forgotten yet!!!  yet!!  3 of my vehicles have bluetooth built in to the stereo

Glad Sherry is OK 

1/16/2014 8:29 PM  #13

Steve69 wrote:

She drives in that every day.  It is called I-35E.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

1/16/2014 9:09 PM  #14

MustangSteve wrote:

Steve69 wrote:

She drives in that every day.  It is called I-35E.

I remember driving I35 back in 1987 when I was stationed at Fort Hood.   Crazy Drivers thats for sure!

1/16/2014 9:37 PM  #15

Glad she's ok Steve, ditto on Not signing any releases until she is completely fine.

1/16/2014 9:57 PM  #16

I agree on not sign any papers.  I got rearended and was several months before the wiplash gave me bad headaches

1/16/2014 10:07 PM  #17

Must be something in the air. One of our big box trucks we use to run parts from our warehouse and Boeing got rear ended yesterday. The lady was on her cell phone, and buried her Honda under the lift gate on the truck almost clear up to her windshield.

Glad Sherry is okay, and that she wasn't driving the '66 or the '07.

68 coupe - 351W, 4R70W, 9" 3.25 -- 65 convertible - 289 4v, C4, 8" 3.00

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.