FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/06/2014 9:55 PM  #1

Finally got to see the 66's new color....

Mrs BB picked out the color  for our 66 and the bod guy called yesterday and told me to bring her up to give it the final blessing before he goes  and buys enough to do the whole car. 
He had painted the inside of the cowl and the under side of the deck lid so we ran up to his  shop this morning.  I'm happy to report that I am very happy with the color butt...even  better, Jean is just plain tickled. 

Oh, Pix?  Well there'll be no pix 'til the paint is finished but I will say that it ain't red and it ain't blue and it ain't yaller or silver.  But it is a color that also ain't on many 66 Mustangs.

Hope I get it back in time to put it  together and make it  to the Bash.

BB

Last edited by Bullet Bob (3/06/2014 9:58 PM)

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

3/06/2014 11:42 PM  #2

Re: Finally got to see the 66's new color....

Cool!!!!!!
Keep hobbleing...you'll get there
6s6

Get busy Liv'in or get busy Die'n....Host of the 2020 Bash at the Beach/The only Bash that got cancelled  )8

3/07/2014 5:44 AM  #3

Thats good to here Bob tell him to keep spraying.

If this forum can't fix it, it isn't broke.

3/07/2014 6:11 AM  #4

Looking forward to seeing the painted car.  Hope you are doing well.  Sounds like they are making good progress.

Bash Host MSBB XVI.       BobC    1966 Mustang Coupe

3/07/2014 6:38 AM  #5

Can't wait to see it BB.   Hope the new rearend ain't causing you any high speed vibrations.

66 Vert.  4.6 DOHC, 4R70 Auto, Heidt's M2 frontend

3/07/2014 12:05 PM  #6

Or a leaky donut seal.

3/07/2014 12:06 PM  #7

No leaks or strange vibrations...but it's a bit slow to get in gear now and it feels like the brakes are dragging.

BB

Last edited by Bullet Bob (3/07/2014 12:07 PM)

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

3/07/2014 1:30 PM  #8

Sounds like you need some good ole' hip bone soup! Yummo!

65 mustang coupe, 351W, C6-  2800 stall, B&M blower, 9inch- trac-loc 3.70 gears

3/07/2014 2:56 PM  #9

BB, maybe you need a little JD additive. Repeat as necessary.Your brakes might still drag but you won't care as much.

Bash Host MSBB XVI.       BobC    1966 Mustang Coupe

3/07/2014 3:24 PM  #10

PINK?....LOL   I remember when mine was painted how excited I was.  I couldn't sleep for 3 days...LOL   Cant wait to see the pics!   Steve69

3/07/2014 5:37 PM  #11

I'm sure Rasberry will look just fine Bob!!

3/07/2014 9:41 PM  #12

Thanks for all the good words, guys.  I'm gettin' exciteder and exciteder, and I think it will be a fine looking ride to haul around a lady and her old lame guy.

BB

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.