FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/07/2014 3:37 PM  #1

My car's home!

Some of you may remember me from about two years ago, when I went through a divorce, and thought I was going to lose my beloved '67 (almost a Mustang!) Cougar.

Just got her shipped back here to me in Kansas, and I'm putting her back together!   Barry at Kansas Klassics (a local and reputable Mustang restoration shop right here in Sedgwick!) has a couple of rebuildable '69 headrest seats for me to buy.  Good ol' Terry has come up with a distributor to replace my melty one, and a couple of people here are talking about sending me the rest of the goodies I need to make my 5.0 HO run once again.

This car is now my daily driver - even if it doesn't run yet - so I'm highly motivated to get her going ASAP!

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone that has helped out so far.  You guys are the best.  I'm still going to do my darndest to make it to the Bash this year - even if there ARE pinholes in my floorboards and no carpet.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." - Abraham Lincoln

3/07/2014 5:19 PM  #2

Re: My car's home!

I remember, and am sure glad to see you were able to keep the car. Good luck getting it running.

If this forum can't fix it, it isn't broke.

3/07/2014 10:16 PM  #3

I also am happy to hear that you were able to hang onto the car and hope to meet you at the Bash,

BB

"you get what you pay for, good work isn't cheap, and there are NO free lunches...PERIOD!"

3/08/2014 4:56 AM  #4

I might have to get with you, BB, and figure out how to turn around my upper intake. =)

"Whatever you are, be a good one." - Abraham Lincoln

3/08/2014 7:49 AM  #5

Great to hear you were able to keep your car.  I always liked Cougars. Hope you are able to make it to the Bash.
Good luck with your repairs.

Bash Host MSBB XVI.       BobC    1966 Mustang Coupe

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.