FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/19/2014 8:31 AM  #1

Window Adjustment

I'm having a bit of trouble with the driver side window on my '67 Coupe. When I roll the window up, the framing at the bottom of the window jams on the weather stripping on the door ledge keeping the window from rolling all the way up. If I push in on the bottom of the window I can get it to roll up the last 1/2 inch. Is there an adjustment that will help with this? Thanks for any help. E.

3/19/2014 4:29 PM  #2

Re: Window Adjustment

That normally happens when a door skin has been replaced and the forming of the skin did not move that flange inside the window slot down far enough.   It can also happen with an original door, but not as likely.  It even happened on OverHaulin once and they did not know how to fix it.

To fix it, remove the rubber stop at the bottom of the door.  The one that stops the window's travel downward.  That will get the top of the glass below that flange.

Then, stand outside the car door and, with your fingers, go along that flange and bend it down and towards you.  It won't take much force to bend it, and does not require you to move it very far.

Once you bend it a little, roll up the window and it should clear.  Then replace the rubber stop inside the door.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

3/19/2014 4:46 PM  #3

Thanks Steve. I'll give that a shot. The window was working fine but recently the regulator was becoming hard to turn so I took the door panel off and applied some grease to the regulator. I must have moved something because that is when the window started jamming on that flange. E.

3/19/2014 8:55 PM  #4

Better revisit everything you did when you adjusted it as well, then.

4/01/2014 8:29 AM  #5

Steve or anyone - how does the rubber stop at the bottom of the door come out? I didn't want to force it and wind up breaking something. Thanks,  E.

4/01/2014 10:48 AM  #6

It looks like an arrow head that presses thru a slot and locks into place . If it is the original and hard it will be difficult to get out without breaking. Put some lube on it and twist and pull up trying to get one end to start comeing out. If you get it started it will come out. If you get it out with out breaking it, it should go back in without a lot of bad words.  If you have to put a new one in Good luck.

4/01/2014 11:19 AM  #7

OK, thanks. I just replaced the window regulator so once all the cuts on my hands and arms heal I'll have a look for that arrowhead thingy. It is the original so it may be a challenge.  E.

4/01/2014 12:43 PM  #8

I use a screwdriver to push in the rubber right next to the slot in the metal holder, Works well for me.
Howard

4/01/2014 5:40 PM  #9

Put two or three layers of masking tape on all those sharp-edged openings in the inner door frame.  Your hands and arms will appreciate it, and you can just leave the stuff there for the next time.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.