FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/23/2014 2:15 PM  #1

I. D. Help

I need some help on the I. D. Of my new project  this number is on the fender well as we'll on the tag 5r07a203063 could this be a gt. I got this completely apart.

Last edited by 6568 (3/23/2014 2:16 PM)

3/23/2014 2:30 PM  #2

Re: I. D. Help

5 = 1965
R = San Jose, CA assembly plant
07 = Hardtop
A = 289 4v
203063 = consecutive unit number

More info needed on if its a GT.....others will chime in with those details.......

3/23/2014 5:37 PM  #3

Post the door tag numbers also.  For it to be a GT, it had to have been after a certain date.  That is just one of the many ways to eliminate it as a GT.  There are lots of others.  Does it have a Fog light switch on the dash by the upper door hinge area?  Or a D shaped 3/8" diameter hole there?  Does it have factory 4-piston disc brakes?

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

3/23/2014 6:04 PM  #4

No hole for the fog light switch but does have factory disc brakes

3/23/2014 9:02 PM  #5

With no fog light switch, it would not have been a GT.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.