FYI FORD - MustangSteve's Ford Mustang Forum
The Internet's Most Knowledgeable Classic Mustang Information
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT CLASSIC FORD MUSTANGS, YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
MustangSteve has over 30 years of Mustang experience, having owned 30 of them and restored several others. With the help of other Mustangers, this site is dedicated to helping anyone wanting to restore or modify their Mustang.... THERE ARE NO DUMB QUESTIONS!!!!!
Visit MustangSteve's web site to view some of my work and find details for:
FYIFORD Contributors' PICTURES - Power Brake Retrofit Kits for 65-66 Stangs - Classic Mustang FAQ's by MustangSteve - How to wire in a Duraspark Ignition - Mustang Ride Height Pictures and Descriptions - Steel Bushings to fit Granada Spindles to Mustang Tie Rods - Visit my EBAY store MustangSteve Performance - How to Install Granada Disc Brakes MustangSteve's Disc Brake Swap Page - FYIFORD Acronyms for guide to all the acronyms used on this page - FYIFORD Important information and upcoming events

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/24/2014 7:20 PM  #1

Incredible 7 year frame-off restoration

Engine compartment has been painstakingly returned to showroom appearance (OEM air filter included).  Incredible 7 year frame-off restoration

This makes me ticked off.  A pretty nice car on Craigslist but they are so full of BS it is unbelievable.

The statement about the engine compartment first makes me laugh, then makes me mad to think someone is misrepresenting a vehicle in that way.  Not saying this is not a really nice car, but the owner/seller should just shut up and let the car speak for itself.  I am not seeing anything other than maybe the shock mounts that looks original under the hood.  NOTHING WRONG WITH WHAT THEY DID ON THE CAR, but why tell untruths?

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

3/24/2014 7:32 PM  #2

Re: Incredible 7 year frame-off restoration

I'm with ya, amigo.
Hows this ad for a crack-smoker....

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/4380043649.html

3/24/2014 7:46 PM  #3

darren wrote:

I'm with ya, amigo.

Wow... As with most all of the 65-66 Mustangs, those first ten years must have been REALLY HARD ON IT!!  Even the patch panels have rusted completely away.  I guess when someone who doesn't know anything about a Mustang is writing the description, they just automatically assume that no one else knows any more about them than they do, so all the erroneous descriptions start to fly.

It also had that ONE OF ONE rectangular headlight bezel option along with the 66 gauge bezel option available only to a very rare group of 65 Mustangs !  That car looks like it would be perfect for a fastback roof transplant project for Ramses, but not for anything close to the asking price.

The coupe in my first post is a very nice car.  It is just too bad they didn't just take a bunch of pics and keep their mouth shut.  Once some BS comes out, you just assume everything else is more of the same.

Money you enjoy wasting is NOT wasted money... unless your wife finds out.

3/24/2014 8:08 PM  #4

that first guy is so good he did a frame off on a Mustang????  I'm with you guys, if you can't dazzle them with brillance, baffle them with bull@#$%!!

3/24/2014 8:10 PM  #5

hey terry, head on over to east alton and look it over..................heck, we could do a "Bash Build" in September........think of the possibilities.................

3/24/2014 8:24 PM  #6

First guy, typical used car salesman razzle dazzle.

It's hard to type "funny"

3/25/2014 5:29 AM  #7

Richard Rawlings sales man...LOL

3/25/2014 6:04 AM  #8

josh-kebob wrote:

hey terry, head on over to east alton and look it over..................heck, we could do a "Bash Build" in September........think of the possibilities.................

I'll go buy it, if you send me the money!!

3/25/2014 6:26 AM  #9

I usually let that stuff go right by me, but I sent him a polite email saying I thought there was one too many zeros on the end of his price.

3/25/2014 7:34 AM  #10

darren wrote:

I'm with ya, amigo.

So you pay $12000 for a car and spend $25000 to restore it and you end up with a really nice car worth $25000.  What's the problem with that?
Is my math off?

If this forum can't fix it, it isn't broke.

3/25/2014 11:28 AM  #11

wsinsle wrote:

So you pay $12000 for a car and spend $25000 to restore it and you end up with a really nice car worth $25000. What's the problem with that?
Is my math off?

I think so 12 + 25 = 37...

Now if you only paid $1200 instead of $12,000

"The OLDER I Get....The FASTER I Was..."

3/25/2014 3:51 PM  #12

I didn't notice, but, do they mention how long that CraigsList car was under water?

3/25/2014 4:35 PM  #13

I get the math, that was just a poor attempt at sarcasm. I think the issue is people see a cars sell on a TV show for $50,000 or $100,000 and they think all old car are worth that much.

Last edited by wsinsle (3/25/2014 4:36 PM)

If this forum can't fix it, it isn't broke.

3/25/2014 5:17 PM  #14

I'll go buy it, if you send me the money!!

t, checks in the mail.....please title it in my name would ya!!!!!

Board footera

REMEMBER!!! When posting a question about your Mustang or other Ford on this forum, BE SURE to tell us what it is, what year, engine, etc so we have enough information to go on.